Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DA-20 mk2 - disabled coax output?  (Read 1299 times)

Offline excowboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam DA-20 mk2 - disabled coax output?
« on: July 17, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »
Hi all,

I'm still using my DA-20 mkII to transfer tapes, and after playing a couple of tapes quite successfully today through the coaxial output, I tried to activate the error counter mode (Rec Mute button + Counter Mode button).  I think I might have tried another combination before-hand or mistakenly pressed some other combination, but since doing this, it is no longer outputting through the coax output.  I can hear tapes playing just fine through the headphone socket on the DAT machine, but neither my old PC (using M-Audio Audiophile 24/96), nor my new one (using a Maya44 eX card along with a coax/toslink converter) are now able to detect a signal coming from the DA20!  I've tried playing the same tape out of my D8 (using a 7-pin to coax cable) into the PC fitted with the Maya44 eX, and it detects a digital signal just fine!

So, my question is: does the DA-20 Mk2 have a setting that will allow the coaxial output to be switched off/on?  If so, how can I reset it back?!  I've tried googling, but I can't find anything that helps.

Kind regards,
Gary
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 04:35:16 PM by excowboy »

Offline Franco_T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Tascam DA-20 mk2 - disabled coax output?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 06:56:00 AM »
Hi, I just came across this old post. I also use a DA-20 MkII for tape transfer but never had this same problem. I wonder whether you have been able to solve the issue and/or to figure out what had caused it.
Kind regards, Franco

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com