Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wait for Sony PCM-A10 or get ICD-UX570? (Discontinued?)  (Read 2559 times)

Offline OrionMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Wait for Sony PCM-A10 or get ICD-UX570? (Discontinued?)
« on: September 01, 2021, 02:23:17 PM »
Ideally wanting to get the A10, but everywhere I looked I see it on back order. 
I only started looking for this item this past week so not sure how long it's been on back order, so not sure if it's due to the chip shortage or something else or how much longer to expect it to be out of stock.
I did read a thread on this forum that ended with a link to a Japan site (not written in English) where the person posted it said the distributor decided not to supply the recorder (not sure what that means but thinking may it means discontinued?)
Any idea what's going on with it?  Maybe a new model to replace it?

I see another tiny model, the ICD-UX570 as a possible option. Both these models are a little smaller than the recorder I have now and would stealthily fit where my current recorder will not.
For me, I do not want to do critical listening to determine which system is better.  Meaning, I do want good sound, but I need to easily notice the difference  between recordings from 2 different system without having to concentrate hard and analyze the audio.  I need to notice some amount of improvement, when having at least a minute gap between recording, not an instant A&B switching.

I mainly listen to my recordings on ADAM Audio T5V monitors.
I'd like to know if the difference in sound using the built in mics as well as with external mics, is enough of a difference between the 2 recorders?
If the A10 is discontinued, then that question would be moot. 
Should I wait for it to be back in stock?  Wait for the new model?  Get the 570?  Another option that is as small and good but available now?

Thanks in advance!

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
Re: Wait for Sony PCM-A10 or get ICD-UX570? (Discontinued?)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 08:55:58 AM »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 12:21:07 PM »
sold out. Put the link up yesterday, hope some ts.com peeps got them, there were 4 left.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline OrionMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 01:23:16 PM »
Does anyone have any info on availability as far as from authorized retail stores (ex: B&H, Adoroma, Guitar Center)?  Are they discontinued or really just on back order? And do you know how long they have been out of stock?  And will the ICD-UX570 work just as well (close enough SQ) as the ICD-UX570 (especially when using external mics)?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com