Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony flat rate repair  (Read 6658 times)

Offline hyperplane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sony flat rate repair
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2004, 05:30:10 PM »
if i had enough posts, i'd +t to edgar for the great story!

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • ImageLume Photography
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2005, 01:32:28 PM »
AAAHHHHH!!!!   Just went to check on having my D8 looked at and got this.....

Model Number:  TCDD8
Purchase Date:  02/19/1998
Warranty Status:  Out of Warranty
Exchange Service Cost:  $448.62 (plus any applicable tax) 

Exchange Service Information:
Your unit is covered under an exchange program. The exchange is for the same or a comparable model. The replacement unit will be factory refurbished.

A refurbished unit is one which is not an original, factory fresh unit; for various reasons, it has been returned to Sony from a dealer or customer, or for some reason cannot be sold as new. The replacement would have been through a complete re-work and inspection and, except for possible minor cosmetic flaws, returned to the original factory specifications. It is then repackaged with all of the accessories and supplied materials a new unit comes with.

The cost to exchange this unit under our Exchange Program is $448.62 (plus any applicable taxes). Return shipping is included in this price.

This quoted price is based upon the direct replacement model. Product availability and pricing may vary if the direct replacement model is not available. If this applies, You will be contacted by a customer service representative.

Based upon the information you entered, your unit appears to qualify for the Flat Rate pricing quoted above. Flat Rate pricing does not apply to non-consumer products, units requiring replacement of the display device (such as: projection and TV picture tubes, optical blocks, plasma and LCD panels), any condition resulting from physical abuse, misuse, or excessive wear, units older than seven (7) years from last market date or damage resulting from prior service. If, upon examination, it is determined that your unit does not qualify for Flat Rate pricing, then a parts and/or labor repair quote will be given to you.

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

Offline tchoub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 04:17:17 AM »
Here's my experience with Sony  flat-rate repair :
I bought a used D8 on Ebay from a recording studio. It was supposed to be "barely used" and in "perfect working condition". When I received it, it didn't work. It powered up but shutdown as soon as it was trying to load a tape...
I brought it to the Sony repair service in France. My DAT qualified for a flat-rate repair by Sony. I was asked 130 euros for the repair (in 2003).
It took them nearly 5 monthes to repair it.  >:( >:(
It still can't fast-forward correctly but at least it now correctly loads a tape and records on it (!) ...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com