Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Monarchy Audio DIP boxes...  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Monarchy Audio DIP boxes...
« on: February 03, 2005, 03:31:51 PM »
Got a spare $200 ?
go to audiogon, and keep your eyes open for any of the various flavors of these boxes.
best $200 you'll ever spend on your stereo.  No shit.  This "black box" is quite remarkable.

I'll do a more in depth review of it when I listen to it through a few different stereo systems, but hot damn...does it improve what i'm hearing.
Especialy if you have a shitty transport...say a Toshiba 3960 DVD player, or any other computer grade transport. 

What strikes me is the way it affects the sound of the music.  Its not only smoother, but its deeper...tighter...warmer.  Its like I have a new componant in my rig as the way a new amp would affect the sound. 

I dont mean to fluff every product I've owned.  There have been some duds too.  But this ain't one of them.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: Monarchy Audio DIP boxes...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 10:28:56 PM »
Got a spare $200 ?
go to audiogon, and keep your eyes open for any of the various flavors of these boxes.
best $200 you'll ever spend on your stereo.  No shit.  This "black box" is quite remarkable.

I'll do a more in depth review of it when I listen to it through a few different stereo systems, but hot damn...does it improve what i'm hearing.
Especialy if you have a shitty transport...say a Toshiba 3960 DVD player, or any other computer grade transport. 

What strikes me is the way it affects the sound of the music.  Its not only smoother, but its deeper...tighter...warmer.  Its like I have a new componant in my rig as the way a new amp would affect the sound. 

I dont mean to fluff every product I've owned.  There have been some duds too.  But this ain't one of them.

what does it do...?

edit:

i answered my own question...

http://www.monarchyaudio.com/upsampler.htm
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 05:52:07 PM by macdaddy »
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline lds490

• Demon_In_Disguise
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Ride the llama!
    • Music List
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 12:21:45 PM »
Sounds very interesting.
http://www.soundstage.com/planethifi/planethifi200203.htm

Thanks for the heads up.
http://db.etree.org/lds490
Open: Studio Projects C-1s-> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> Addonics Pocket EX
Stealth: AT 831 -> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> IBM Microdrive

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 05:50:29 PM »
just got off the phone with ming (the monarchy rep here in soCal). he doesnt have any of the seconds/refurbs left, and they only make the classic and the upsampler now..

i think i am going to pull the trigger on this one. i think it would compliment my mensa di/o. also, i need to have two digital inputs [optical - c2000es; coaxial - ap2496 ('puter media player)] fed into the DAC, so the toggle is a nice bonus (for me)...

the only thing i hear now is shit that i assume is caused by jitter, and this $300 box should give me my answer. it seems to me as kind of the poor man's big ben, but then again, i have the poor man's 901/902, too :P

i assume i would set it, and the mensa, to 96kHz and let her rip, right..?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 07:13:08 PM by macdaddy »
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 02:35:20 PM »
yea, you got it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com