Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: looking for a reciever for klipsch synergy series  (Read 2517 times)

Offline MarkDavidson218

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
looking for a reciever for klipsch synergy series
« on: February 05, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
hey,
i'm movin to a apt in CA and I can't bring my klipsch's. so i'll be bring my onkyos for now. i blew all my recievers and need something that the onkyos , and the klipschs will be able to play on. i'll need a min. of  80watts watts for the onkyo and a min of 60watts for the klipcsh. I can push put to 200watts with the klipsch and onkyo's will take 100 watts. so i'm looking for something that i can now play the onkyos and in the in a  year so when i move into a bigger place i'll bring in the klipsch and use them on the same reciever. i would like to get something that i can hook up an amp to it in a year or so. what type of cash will this run me?

what's everyones thoughts on the synergy series? when i had a h&k reciever they sounds really nice with a 15in audio source sub. i mainly used the klipsch 6.1 for movies and such.  any help would be great!
thanks,
mark
mc012> ua-5 > G4 or m1

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
Re: looking for a reciever for klipsch synergy series
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 05:22:17 PM »
Can' say which one yet,.....I'll do some research. But I can't fluff enough the combo of Klipsch speakers and Carver amps/receivers. They were made for each other. I'll do some ebay research for you. I think you could pull this of relatively cheap.
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 05:34:46 PM »
Take a look at this one. It's older...but I used to run on of these with some Klipsch kg3's and it sounded spectacular. Don't know whether you need an amp only...or a receiver/amp mix. This is a mix. Price is good...seller looks good. I'm pretty sure it would work well with your situation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3279&item=5749684590&rd=1
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 06:13:45 PM »
hey,
i'm movin to a apt in CA and I can't bring my klipsch's. so i'll be bring my onkyos for now. i blew all my recievers and need something that the onkyos , and the klipschs will be able to play on. i'll need a min. of  80watts watts for the onkyo and a min of 60watts for the klipcsh. I can push put to 200watts with the klipsch and onkyo's will take 100 watts. so i'm looking for something that i can now play the onkyos and in the in a  year so when i move into a bigger place i'll bring in the klipsch and use them on the same reciever. i would like to get something that i can hook up an amp to it in a year or so. what type of cash will this run me?

what's everyones thoughts on the synergy series? when i had a h&k reciever they sounds really nice with a 15in audio source sub. i mainly used the klipsch 6.1 for movies and such.  any help would be great!
thanks,
mark

mark;

imho, watt ratings on speakers, amps and receivers are not the best indications in choosing one's equipment. i'd bet that you could drive your speakers with an audiophile quality 5w amplifier and sound spectacular or drive it with a "200w" rated PoS#@% amp and sound like crap.

my advise is to go for quality equipment and not the quantity.  you'll always be happier in the end.

with that said, there are some nice receivers out there that will suit your budget. research as much as possible and take a look at sites like Audiogon for some great deals.

bon chance!!
marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 10:23:33 AM »
Go Acurus.  They sound so nice with Klipsch speakers, that Klipsch bought the whole company, Mondial.  I think they made an A80 power amp (80 watts 8 ohms).  I have an A150 that pushes my Klipsch KG4s nicely.

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 09:03:29 PM »
Carver ;D
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Jason B

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 09:06:52 PM »
I'll second that JB!

BTW Acurus is now Aragon.  They decided to put the Aragon name on everything, so the lower end amps aren't really Aragon's, but rebadged Acurus.

sc.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com