Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Hiding Cables...  (Read 3455 times)

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
Hiding Cables...
« on: February 09, 2005, 02:58:23 PM »
Hey now,
    Wondering what y'all think is the best way to run speaker cable to a set of rears that are on the other side of the room from the rack.  Right now, I am contemplating going into the wall, up, across a ceiling joist to the back of the room, and back down the rear wall...  Is there a simpler solution that doesn't leave exposed wires?

h
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline Frank M

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Hiding Cables...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 03:08:43 PM »
Hey now,
    Wondering what y'all think is the best way to run speaker cable to a set of rears that are on the other side of the room from the rack.  Right now, I am contemplating going into the wall, up, across a ceiling joist to the back of the room, and back down the rear wall...  Is there a simpler solution that doesn't leave exposed wires?

h

If your room is carpeted, and depending on your budget, Goertz speaker cable might work for you. 

"Thanks to the flat construction and extreme compactness, they can be drawn anywhere and routed under thin carpets and wallpaper. "

http://www.alphacore.com/mispeaker.html

« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 03:11:05 PM by Frank M »
ADK A51TL ---> blah blah blah ---> Von Schweikert VR-4 ---> my ears

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 03:10:36 PM »
I turn off the lights or close my eyes.  8)
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline heath

• I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 03:32:42 PM »
Hey now,

h

If your room is carpeted, and depending on your budget, Goertz speaker cable might work for you. 

"Thanks to the flat construction and extreme compactness, they can be drawn anywhere and routed under thin carpets and wallpaper. "

Looks nice and perfect for running under the carpet, but damn it's expensive  :o

The Upstream Mend

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 03:35:52 PM »
if you have carpet you can sometimes wedge smaller gauge wire inbetween the carpet and the baseboard w/ a flat-tip screwdriver.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 03:36:58 PM »
Pull the baseboard and run it behind it around the room, then re-nail baseboard back in place.  Not as big a pain as it sounds.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline heath

• I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 03:42:52 PM »
Pull the baseboard and run it behind it around the room, then re-nail baseboard back in place.  Not as big a pain as it sounds.

i thought about this, but the room is oddly shaped, and this would be a LONG run. 

Thanks for all the input so far, guys!!

h

The Upstream Mend

Offline Frank M

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 03:50:08 PM »
Hey now,

h

Looks nice and perfect for running under the carpet, but damn it's expensive  :o

There's also a Goertz HT (home theater) cable that's 14 gauge and cheaper. 
ADK A51TL ---> blah blah blah ---> Von Schweikert VR-4 ---> my ears

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 04:01:46 PM »
You might also want to consider drilling a hole in the floor and running the wires underneath the floor and up through a hole where you want the run to end.  Would be much easier than up in the ceiling and threading the wire down under the sheetrock.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline Mojowill

• Educated, no. Stupid, yup.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • YOGIS R.I.P.
    • Mojowill's Music List
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 04:58:33 PM »
You might also want to consider drilling a hole in the floor and running the wires underneath the floor and up through a hole where you want the run to end.  Would be much easier than up in the ceiling and threading the wire down under the sheetrock.
beat me too it.
I ran my wires through the floorboards and then drilled through every joist in the basement, I love renting!
I'm a mean machine drinkin gasoline and honey you can make my motor hum.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com