Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtracker Firmware Update v1.1.5 Beta 10/7/05  (Read 27139 times)

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
Re: Microtracker Firmware Update v1.1.5 Beta 10/7/05
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2005, 03:56:22 PM »
Nice, now if we can get the meters issues squared away, yah mon  8)
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2005, 04:21:10 PM »

I had an email response from Roland the other day in which he said he would pass along the metering issues (lack of numbers on the meters, meters freezing at around the 20-30 minute mark) to the engineering department.  At the very least they know about it and if enough people kindly point out that there is a problem, they seem to take things seriously-see the 2gb issue.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2005, 04:25:34 PM »
great customer support ;D

Im torn between this thing and the pmd-671

the pmd-671 can be used as an all-in-one w/ the ACM mod but is def more pricey than these

or I can get the MT and 2 (4) GB cards for about 750, w/ a battery setup already ready to go taboot!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

zowie

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2005, 11:07:21 PM »
It's kind of amusing that M-Audio's rep is named Roland.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2005, 11:12:42 PM »

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I guess it could be worse. I wouldn't want to be named Yamaha or Tascam.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline bagtagsell

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2005, 12:26:06 AM »
I got a similar response.  Stating they will have another new firmware out soon and the 2gb file split is a top priority. 
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2005, 02:16:55 AM »
bean, i'm with you on the decision between this and the 671...only i figure i'll never trade in my v3, so i'll really only need the 671 to record.

i think right now i'm leaning toward the mt more so...i think the future updates will bring it up to par, and i think it'll be a pretty solid 24bit recorder, at least as solid as the jb3 is a 16bit recorder.  plus powering it seems pretty simple.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline silentmark

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2005, 08:14:51 AM »

I had an email response from Roland the other day in which he said he would pass along the metering issues (lack of numbers on the meters, meters freezing at around the 20-30 minute mark) to the engineering department.  At the very least they know about it and if enough people kindly point out that there is a problem, they seem to take things seriously-see the 2gb issue.

I just filled out the support form on the beta driver page at their website describing what I was seeing with the meters. This inverse meter bug I think is caused by the new firmware as it didn't do it before ... First field 24 bit run to happen on Friday for My Morning Jacket at the TLA, Philly, gonna run AKG568's>V3>MT, yeah busting out the shotguns  ;D
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

Offline clarson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Workingman's Tracker
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »
via a USB2 card reader, 2 gigs took me about 15 minutes to transfer to my computer.

Well I used a card reader over USB2.0 and 2gigs took about 35 minutes to transfer.

Even if the card reader is USB2.0, what speed is your card?  Surely a faster speed card = faster transfer rates.  When I called M-Audio after first getting the MT and asked them what speed card to get they said "faster is better", (though there seems to be differing opinions here about whether or not faster cards would affect battery life). 

(BTW I haven't got a card yet, still using the stock card, running mp3 files for rehearsals and rough recordings of some of my little dinky gigs, though I will need something bigger within about a month for some stuff I want to do.)

I transfered about 2.5 gigs from the MT last night to the laptop and it only took 10 minutes with the a 4 gig microdrive card. Not bad at all! Beats the dat transfer!

Offline silentmark

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2005, 11:39:57 AM »
via a USB2 card reader, 2 gigs took me about 15 minutes to transfer to my computer.

Well I used a card reader over USB2.0 and 2gigs took about 35 minutes to transfer.

Even if the card reader is USB2.0, what speed is your card?  Surely a faster speed card = faster transfer rates.  When I called M-Audio after first getting the MT and asked them what speed card to get they said "faster is better", (though there seems to be differing opinions here about whether or not faster cards would affect battery life). 

(BTW I haven't got a card yet, still using the stock card, running mp3 files for rehearsals and rough recordings of some of my little dinky gigs, though I will need something bigger within about a month for some stuff I want to do.)

I transfered about 2.5 gigs from the MT last night to the laptop and it only took 10 minutes with the a 4 gig microdrive card. Not bad at all! Beats the dat transfer!

I used the Kingston 4gig one that Dell has been selling, so this must be the issue of transfer speed I have been getting ...

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2005, 12:31:45 PM »

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I guess it could be worse. I wouldn't want to be named Yamaha or Tascam.

Or Edirol.  ;D
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline sunrisemusic

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2005, 10:01:31 AM »

I used the Kingston 4gig one that Dell has been selling, so this must be the issue of transfer speed I have been getting ...

Microdrive is quicker than CF for transfers, right? Thanks for letting us know your cards (or microdrives). I'm curious as to what the card speed was in the original post

Anyone see any battery improvement with the new firmware? I haven't have a chance to use it yet.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2005, 02:34:50 PM »
great customer support ;D

Im torn between this thing and the pmd-671

the pmd-671 can be used as an all-in-one w/ the ACM mod but is def more pricey than these

or I can get the MT and 2 (4) GB cards for about 750, w/ a battery setup already ready to go taboot!

bean, i'm with you on the decision between this and the 671...only i figure i'll never trade in my v3, so i'll really only need the 671 to record.

i think right now i'm leaning toward the mt more so...i think the future updates will bring it up to par, and i think it'll be a pretty solid 24bit recorder, at least as solid as the jb3 is a 16bit recorder.  plus powering it seems pretty simple.

I hear you on this.  I can't see ditching my M148 > V3, unless the mod 671 ends up smoking the V3.  So, I'm looking for a 24 bit capture device. 

Additionally, someone raised the question with Doug as to whether or not he could do a PMD-660 mod to incorporate 24-bit capabilities.  Here's Doug's to whether or not a PMD-660 mod for 24-bit recording is in the works and if so when.

"That is at about one year off if it gets done. It will take a PCB and a firmware hack, time consuming work ! If the microtrackers digital noise audible i the analog circuit is not fixed, I will move forward with it, otherwise I will work out an analog upgrade for the M-Audio piece. I have looked inside it and daydreamed long enough to have a few good ideas....Doug"

Sounds like he's hoping to get a moded Microtracker out.  That could be sweet since it would probably be the cheapest 24 bit capture device available even with his mod. 
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline silentmark

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2005, 02:41:38 PM »
Sounds like he's hoping to get a moded Microtracker out.  That could be sweet since it would probably be the cheapest 24 bit capture device available even with his mod. 

Yeah when I talked to him about the 671, R-1 & MT and how I was leaning towards the MT, he told me to wait a few months and he might have something up his sleeve  8) Needless to say I couldn't wait, heh ...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 10:31:51 AM by silentmark »

Offline mfoley

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2005, 08:19:42 AM »
Has anyone heard when there will be a "Mono" selectable parameter added to the firmware (#7 parameter record settings menu)  Currently in the manual it states "In a later version of firmware, this option will cause the MicroTrack 24/96 to only record one channel of audio instead of two"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.168 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com