Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quick Toshiba 4960 question...  (Read 6649 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Quick Toshiba 4960 question...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 10:26:05 AM »
Oh, OK.  I thought you were saying that DVD-A and DVD-V discs played w/ gaps on everything... On a second read, I think you were saying that you just ignored it on the 4960, maybe?

you got it...just the 4960 rebrand had problems...

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 10:28:23 AM »
Oh, OK.  I thought you were saying that DVD-A and DVD-V discs played w/ gaps on everything... On a second read, I think you were saying that you just ignored it on the 4960, maybe?

you got it...just the 4960 rebrand had problems...

thanks! 
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 10:30:57 AM »
[snip]... and has a fantastic picture on top of it!

Cool!  What picture is on yours?  I'd like to have a picture of a ninja or something neat like that.   :P

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 10:46:05 AM »
this one would be cool too

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 10:51:44 AM »
I have noticed that on my Toshiba 4960 using DVD-A authored in Wavelab 5.0 I sometimes get gaps between tracks its really kind of random.

But in my recent quick tests have found that if I add a picture track to the DVD-A that plays during the tracks I get no gaps when the tracks switch. I would need to test it a few more times to call it a solution but thought you guys might find that interesting
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 11:03:46 AM »
But in my recent quick tests have found that if I add a picture track to the DVD-A that plays during the tracks I get no gaps when the tracks switch. I would need to test it a few more times to call it a solution but thought you guys might find that interesting

Interesting!  I'm gonna try this out, but I suspect the issue causing our "gaps" is different.  My 4960 has gaps on regular redbook cds too.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 11:10:12 AM »
[snip]... and has a fantastic picture on top of it!

Cool!  What picture is on yours?  I'd like to have a picture of a ninja or something neat like that.   :P

jackass :P

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 12:44:19 PM »

Interesting!  I'm gonna try this out, but I suspect the issue causing our "gaps" is different.  My 4960 has gaps on regular redbook cds too.

I do not have gaps on Silverbacks or CD-Rs only randomly on non-picture track authored dvd-a
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com