Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Power cable for AD20/PS2  (Read 1998 times)

Offline funk_pie

• Victim of comfort
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • O hai!
    • My db list...
Power cable for AD20/PS2
« on: August 27, 2006, 03:51:28 PM »
I power my AD20 and PS2 via RC battery packs.  One cable has been giving me trouble so it's time to make some new ones.  I have obtained the male ends for the connection to the RC batteries.  The existing cables have a straight mono 1/8" male connector.  I want to switch to a right angle connector and I can't find what I'm after.  I can find the connector without wiring no problem, but idealy I'm wanting a cable that I can hack up to connect with the RC adapter.  Been looking online, but to no avail.  Cound someone point me to a cable with a right angle mono to hack up?  If all else fails I'll make the right angle cabling myself but I'm no expert solderer, so I figured I'd try the TS base first.    - John
  Edit for pix:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 05:57:10 PM by funk_pie »
As a child, a library card takes you to exotic, faraway places. When you're grown up, a credit card does it.  -Sam Ewing

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • surly tapir
Re: Power cable for AD20/PS2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 11:37:38 PM »
when i ran a rc set up into my ps-2, i just used a adaptaplug set up.  they are available in ra 1/8 ts. 

only soldering (easy at that) would be if you wanted to tin where the hacked up rc plug went into the adaptaplug lead but could tape it good too.
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline funk_pie

• Victim of comfort
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • O hai!
    • My db list...
Re: Power cable for AD20/PS2
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 09:23:42 AM »
Hooray!  My lazy ass finally assembled new cables last night.  Adaptaplug 6' extention, two adaptaplug 'F' right angle mono adapters, and two sets of RC battery repair kits.  A couple snip snips, a crimp crimp here and there, shrink tubing and voilla.  Initial testing indicates all is well.  We'll see how it holds up for NMAS on Saturday.

For anyones future reference:

Cable with female ends:
http://www.radioshack.com/sm-female-to-female-adaptaplug-socket-cable--pi-2049698.html
Right angle mini:
http://www.radioshack.com/sm-see-all-needs-and-wants--pi-2062428.html
Battery repair kit (9.6V):
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062133
As a child, a library card takes you to exotic, faraway places. When you're grown up, a credit card does it.  -Sam Ewing

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com