Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Reccomend an mp3 player  (Read 5625 times)

Offline dunebug81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Reccomend an mp3 player
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 04:59:58 PM »
If youre using winamp right now for playing music there is a pretty nice plug in so you can move your tunes to the ipod. 

Open up winamp, add the songs you want to your playlist, highlight all the songs, right-click: send to ipod.  In a matter of a few seconds per song its done. 

I too dont care much for itunes as I dont buy music from there I would rather have a smaller program with less system resources used for playing music and transfering files onto the ipod.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 05:29:23 PM »

you don't like itunes as a music player?  you can use whatever player you want.

you'll just need itunes to move stuff to the ipod.  you can still play songs in whatever player you want...

and you can use apple lossless, though i don't see the point of playing lossless music through a 1/8 inch headphone jack.  lossy works for me on a portable player

I'm with those of you who use the higher quality VBR mp3's.  I'd say that 90% of my 40gig ipod photo is filled with those.  They sound really good...

But I disagree with the above statement about not seeing the point of playing lossless music through a 1/8" jack.  What's wrong w/a mini-jack?  Part of what I love about the ipod or any portable music player is that I can keep some tracks on there that are lossless, for the times when I am critically listening.  I keep a folder handy for soundchecks or system testing...and although I try to use the dock's line out (which is also a 1/8"), often I end up plugging a mini > 1/4" cable into a console right out of the pod's headphone jack.

For me, it's just one more great function for the portable music player. 

I put AIFF's and WAV's on my pod all the time.

I do wish it would play FLAC's though, for the simple reason of saving space.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 05:36:35 PM »
But I disagree with the above statement about not seeing the point of playing lossless music through a 1/8" jack.  What's wrong w/a mini-jack?

It isn't the mini-jack that's the issue, necessarily - more so the overall fidelity (or lack thereof) of the DAC, analog output components, headphones, and last but not least challenges of the listening environment itself.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline airbladder

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »
Get the I Audio X5.  Costs less than an I pod, plays flac's, has a radio, you can record from the radio, has an internal mic, comes with a usb port so you can put images from your digital camera onto it, they sell a 60gb so there is plenty of space, the battery lasts longer than an I pod, plays movies, holds photo, and comes with a sub pack so you don't pay extra for a line out.  One of my favorite parts is that it acts like an external hard drive.  You can just plug it into any computer and start transferring files no drivers needed.  So you can use this on as many computers at you want and trade files when you go visit friends.  I am not sure why more people aren't buying these devices.  It comes with all kinds of features that are extras on an ipod and it’s the same size.  It is not at sexy as the pod but it was exactly what I was looking for.  If you are looking to spend less they also sell a 20 and 30 gig.   
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com