Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

AT853a Subcard cap owners

(1/1)

Twenty8:
I just pulled the trigger on a set of these.
Ebay.

So I am wondering if these are the same markings on your caps.  The "SCC" is giving me pause.  I mean, not that much pause, I bought them. 
I messaged back and forth with the seller for a day.  He has a good track record and when he told me how/where he got them it verified the relative authenticity of them.

My question is if your caps have the same printing on them.
No polar pattern.
I have two sets of cards and a set of omnis - none of them have the same printing on them due to 853 and 853a differences.

perks:
I just looked at my 853's to verify. I have 1 cap that has an "SC" printed on the side underneath a picture of the polar pattern (circle-ish with a flat bottom). The other cap looks like yours where it has "SCC" printed on the side and no picture of the polar pattern.

Twenty8:

--- Quote from: perks on September 13, 2020, 03:11:44 PM ---The other cap looks like yours where it has "SCC" printed on the side and no picture of the polar pattern.
--- End quote ---

Good to know.

Seller got them from Sound Pros in 08.  He still has a pair himself.
Feels nice to have finally gotten a set.  Hard to find would be an accurate statement.

Cheesecadet:
The ones labeled with the SCC like you have were the newer version of the caps before being discontinued.  The ones with Polar Pattern were the originals.  I had both and I can't really discern a difference in their sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version