Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Schoeps CMC6/MK4 actives vs CCMC4

(1/6) > >>

dlantelme:
I'm pretty familiar with the CMC6/MK4 rig as far as how good it sounds, though I'm a little unclear on which ones of those expensive cables and adaptors are necessary . Looks like a new setup would be in the $3500 range, used about $2400. Correct?
  How do these "compact cartiod mics", the CCMC4, compare? Most of my taping is stealth, and I'd like to not duplicate the sound of the SKM140s, as there is usually that rig taping as well(though from worse seats). thanks for your thoughts

dmonterisi:
don't know much about the differences between the two, but i'd say sonically they are gonna be similar...check out the yard sale, ccm4's on the block...

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=9629

Tim:
well, one advantage to running the cmc6/kc5/mk4 setup is the ability to use different caps for different applications.

one disadvantage of that setup for stealth situations is tha you must bring the bodies in with you (or utilize a preamp that allows you to go bodyless like the n-box or lemo-sax) which is more crap to sneak past security.

sonically they're the same. go over to the www.oade.com and search the archives in the tapers section. Ben Morrison used to run the ccm4's and has plenty of comments on them.

I think those ccm4's in the yard sale are a great deal, wish I had some extra cash!

Brian Skalinder:

--- Quote from: dlantelme on November 19, 2003, 12:56:28 PM ---I'm pretty familiar with the CMC6/MK4 rig as far as how good it sounds, though I'm a little unclear on which ones of those expensive cables and adaptors are necessary . Looks like a new setup would be in the $3500 range, used about $2400. Correct?
  How do these "compact cartiod mics", the CCMC4, compare? Most of my taping is stealth, and I'd like to not duplicate the sound of the SKM140s, as there is usually that rig taping as well(though from worse seats). thanks for your thoughts

--- End quote ---

I've never done a direct comparison, but from the recordings I've heard they're *very* similar in sound.  They're cheaper both new and used, and no bodies to deal with, which is nice for stealthing.  But you can't change the caps.

dlantelme:
that's why I'm asking.
 I assume similar sound, but want to know the differences and increased capabilities of, I assume, theCMC6?MK4.
 And I vaue the owners opinion, of course, but am looking for as much info out there                  Doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version