Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Foobar Live ShowTagger issues  (Read 7235 times)

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Re: Foobar Live ShowTagger issues
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2023, 03:53:41 PM »
band2023-03-14s1t01.flac
band2023-03-14s1t02.flac
band2023-03-14s2t01.flac
band2023-03-14s2t02.flac
band2023-03-14s2t03.flac

Setlist

01. Song1
02. Song2

03. Song3
04. Song4

05. Encore

Live Show Tagger will have no problem with set 1 but will not get the numbers or song titles right for set 2.

My priorities here are that the show on a list is 5 songs, tracks 1-5 but the files as I generate them are from source files named band2023-03-14s1t.wav and band2023-03-14s2t.wav and I have no desire to go back and rename the files after creating them this way. It still should not be a problem for Live Show Tagger to just number numbers and song titles in order without getting too bogged down in what set or disc it is or if there are spaces in the list.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 03:58:04 PM by eman »
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2023, 04:22:25 PM »
band2023-03-14s1t01.flac
band2023-03-14s1t02.flac
band2023-03-14s2t01.flac
band2023-03-14s2t02.flac
band2023-03-14s2t03.flac

Setlist

01. Song1
02. Song2

03. Song3
04. Song4

05. Encore

Live Show Tagger will have no problem with set 1 but will not get the numbers or song titles right for set 2.

My priorities here are that the show on a list is 5 songs, tracks 1-5 but the files as I generate them are from source files named band2023-03-14s1t.wav and band2023-03-14s2t.wav and I have no desire to go back and rename the files after creating them this way. It still should not be a problem for Live Show Tagger to just number numbers and song titles in order without getting too bogged down in what set or disc it is or if there are spaces in the list.

Well, you are asking it to do something it doesn't do. It will easily handle you numbering them the same as the file names, but doesn't like when the file names are different than the numbering in the text file. Seems like that is a feature and not a bug. Seems like you need to find a tool that is looser about matching file names and text file numbers.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 04:43:25 PM by vanark »
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline eman

• Return of the Shredi
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2023, 05:31:03 PM »
It's hardly a feature. It's a giant pain in the ass. I'm not about to do it differently, just looking for the best workaround when it can't handle an obvious match number to alphanumeric position. That it can handle disc numbers is stupid at this point. Considering that most shows have two sets and those files are likely to be numbered s1 and s2 in the filename yet we still have a list for the show with track numbers for the show not the set, I don't see why this is such an oddball thing to handle.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 05:34:58 PM by eman »
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2023, 07:37:08 PM »
It's hardly a feature. It's a giant pain in the ass. I'm not about to do it differently, just looking for the best workaround when it can't handle an obvious match number to alphanumeric position. That it can handle disc numbers is stupid at this point. Considering that most shows have two sets and those files are likely to be numbered s1 and s2 in the filename yet we still have a list for the show with track numbers for the show not the set, I don't see why this is such an oddball thing to handle.

A giant pain in the ass to YOU. I am more than satisfied with this free software. Any issues I've had with it were my issues. The software works as expected for ME and I find the choices they have made as logical.

If you want to number your files set 1 and set 2, you only need to start numbering set 2 at track 1. I understand this does not fit how YOU have chosen to configure your text files, but easy enough to adjust going forward at least. Or not.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2023, 08:03:03 PM »
BTW, the "current" version was released on 2010-05-15, which explains why it handles disc 1 and disc 2. Not sure you can expect any changes at this point.

One thing I don't particularly understand is why you name your files s1 and s2 but decline to put "Set 1" and "Set 2" in your text files. It would seem to me that this inconsistency is at the root of the conflict you have with Live Show Tagger.

Link to LMA Recordings

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2023, 07:58:45 AM »
I think if you pull in just set two, right click and manually add disc 2 in properties it will work.  But yea why not just list sets properly in the textfile to match your file names?
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline eman

• Return of the Shredi
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2023, 11:16:53 AM »
Ah, if I just type out set 1 and set 2 everything will be fine?

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2023, 11:55:51 AM »
Ah, if I just type out set 1 and set 2 everything will be fine?

No, the track numbers in the set list would need to match the track numbers in the file names.

Using your example:

band2023-03-14s1t01.flac
band2023-03-14s1t02.flac
band2023-03-14s2t01.flac
band2023-03-14s2t02.flac
band2023-03-14s2t03.flac

Set 1

01. Song1
02. Song2

Set2

01. Song3
02. Song4

03. Encore

Link to LMA Recordings

Offline eman

• Return of the Shredi
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2023, 04:48:09 PM »
Oh, ok. I just did a tag with one of the untagged Phish shows I've recently downloaded (lazy ass tapers don't have time for this? Jeez Louise. Now my files are unshareable using the original torrent on etree) I get the 1.01, 2.01, etc. I suppose it will be easier to do it this way and edit the track numbers than have to enter the song titles. Sigh.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2023, 05:11:07 PM »
If I want to continue sharing for bit torrent, I create a copy for myself.

I also use a file rename utility that makes it easy to rename files to how I want/need. Can't recall the name at the moment, but will look when I get home.

Link to LMA Recordings

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2023, 08:36:50 AM »

I also use a file rename utility that makes it easy to rename files to how I want/need. Can't recall the name at the moment, but will look when I get home.

Bulk Rename!

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2023, 10:23:39 AM »

Bulk Rename!

Thank you, Gordon. Yes, that is the one I use as well. Love it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Offline roffels

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2023, 11:27:14 AM »

Bulk Rename!

This, MP3Tag, and Foobar Live ShowTagger are all I really need to get things tagged as I like.
https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Offline eman

• Return of the Shredi
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2023, 05:28:06 PM »
I suppose the people who don't tag their shows aren't reading this anyway. Making work and using up disk space for everyone else. Thanks for nothing.

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2023, 10:26:27 AM »
I suppose the people who don't tag their shows aren't reading this anyway. Making work and using up disk space for everyone else. Thanks for nothing.
I have a taper friend who cannot seem to learn tagging. He actually tags his .wav files, but not the flacs!!! He is 50+ years taping, very savvy with R2R, Cassette and cable making, just won't take the time to learn tagging.
I have spent some time trying to explain foobar tagger to him, but he continually asks me to do it on his file sets. It is a bit of a bummer, as then, if he has no setlist, the usually wonderful recording is not really able to be shared-WITHOUT me putting time and HDD space into it.

Caveat here is at first, 7-8 years ago maybe, I wasn't into tagging. kindms was telling me how easy it is, and he would occasionally take my files and tag them for me. I would say, I can listen to it fine, I don't care about the other guys' iPods or car stereos etc.

Two things then happened to enlighten me re tagging:
1] Matt Vernon, as (one of the) LMA GD co-ordinator, told me that he would not accept my GD AUD entries without tags.
2] Then, a different friend showed me on my own car stereo how it would be easier. Sort of griped to me that I was being "selfish" by not tagging. LOLz.
So, now, I am a tagger. It is a relatively quick feature of the workflow.     8)
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com