Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Is that a mag light in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

(1/5) > >>

Nick in Edinboro:
So I manage to loose about 3-5 flashlights a year while taping.. don't know how, don't know when.. usually after packing up it'll be left on the floor or something.  Curious what y'all use in the field...

My dad works as a maintenance guy for a local corporation and turned me on to these Pelican lights they have there that he can get me for "free".. I think they probably retail for like $12 at hardware stores.. Seems pretty damn unbreakable to me, and cheap enough to loose!  Plus you can get it in blaze orange for better visibility  ;D

http://www.pelican.com/small_lights/li_mitylie.html

rabhan:
i got 2 blue maglights, been using them for over 80 shows, never lost one, but i have been thru all 4 bulbs.

greenone:
Gotta love the space age polycarbonate resin. I'm wondering when the marketing geniuses who use the phrase "space age" will realize that the space age began over forty years ago? ;)

F.O.Bean:
i have a brinkman LED light that i got from walmart, changed the batts once  year, and I prolly did about 80 showz w/ one batt change 8)

Chuck:

--- Quote from: Rabhan on September 10, 2003, 04:12:48 PM ---i got 2 blue maglights, been using them for over 80 shows, never lost one, but i have been thru all 4 bulbs.

--- End quote ---

You can buy more replacement bulbs too. Rat Shack used to sell them.

I've found the best way not to lose you flashlight is to put it on something like a sports whistle necklace and hang it around your neck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version