Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wavelab and battery help  (Read 6362 times)

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Wavelab and battery help
« on: September 29, 2003, 02:26:13 PM »
Hi all-

I am running EW77s ->warm UA% -> fujitsu lifebook p series.  I am trying to use wavelabs..having some trouble.  Can y'all help?

Sometimes once I have the record window up and everything working I will click record but get nothing when I stop recording.  The levels are bouncing and it looks like it is recording, but when I click stop no file comes up.  What am I doing wrong??!

I know that I need to set wavelabs to automatically "split" the file so I can record more than one hour.....all I have to do is choose auto-split and set it to 1999Mb under the setting menu- Right or Wrong?

Also any other ideas on power besides the fujitsu batteries and an electrovaya power pad.  Anyone have a power pad they want to sell?

Thanks
AKG480->w-UA5->fujitsu lifebook

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
Re:Wavelab and battery help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 02:41:09 PM »
Hi all-

I am running EW77s ->warm UA% -> fujitsu lifebook p series.  I am trying to use wavelabs..having some trouble.  Can y'all help?
i'll try ;)
Sometimes once I have the record window up and everything working I will click record but get nothing when I stop recording.  The levels are bouncing and it looks like it is recording, but when I click stop no file comes up.  What am I doing wrong??!
make sure you have the ua5 selected as the recording device...in the record dialog window there's a little button to the right of a selection called record from input or something, the button has a little "..." on it, click that and it will bring up the preferences window for audio card...i had this happen to me before

I know that I need to set wavelabs to automatically "split" the file so I can record more than one hour.....all I have to do is choose auto-split and set it to 1999Mb under the setting menu- Right or Wrong?
yes, that is correct.  i was advised to set it to about 1300mb since that is about the length of a cd (at 24/48 it is) and it also makes it easier when working on the files later on if they are smaller.
Also any other ideas on power besides the fujitsu batteries and an electrovaya power pad.  Anyone have a power pad they want to sell?

Thanks

look into the valence n-charge, i really like mine and they are less expensive than the powerpads.  not sure if they have a compatible connector for your laptop though.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 02:48:56 PM »
Thanks Simp!  

I am not having problems getting it to recognise the UA5.....it just doesn't record.  I will click record and let it go for a while then click stop and a file comes up.  Then I will click record again let it go and click stop, no file comes up  leaving me with nothing instead of a nice recording. Can't figure out why this is happening.  

Do you think I should set it higher than 1300Mb if I'm recording 24/96?

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 02:58:08 PM »
I would be warry of the USB handling anything above 24/48. It can be done with a UA5 however back a while ago a discussion on oade's left me with the impression that it was not really recording a true 24/96 file. Also you need to use the asio driver for it work with 24 bit stuff. And you can't install both drivers(if I remember correctly when I had a UA5)
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 03:15:06 PM »
when you use the autosplit function, make sure you create a proper name for a file in the top line of the record dialog.  this requires clicking on the folder icon, and putting a complete name, including .wav.  then when it splits, it will add 000 to the first wave, 001 to the second, and so forth.  at least that's what mine does.  but i think if you don't put the proper name in their instead of a temp file, it will not work correctly.

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 03:19:02 PM »
when you use the autosplit function, make sure you create a proper name for a file in the top line of the record dialog.  this requires clicking on the folder icon, and putting a complete name, including .wav.  then when it splits, it will add 000 to the first wave, 001 to the second, and so forth.  at least that's what mine does.  but i think if you don't put the proper name in their instead of a temp file, it will not work correctly.

That would make sense.....I choose auto split, then recorded using a temp file instead of a named file and it stopped after about 1 hour....of course the temp file with my recording was nowhere to be found.

Offline Electric Cowgirl

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 03:20:49 PM »
Rob-  The UA5 seems to be working fine...perhaps it's not a true 24/96 file, but it does work when I get it (record on wavelabs) started correctly.

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 03:42:10 PM »
I would be warry of the USB handling anything above 24/48. It can be done with a UA5 however back a while ago a discussion on oade's left me with the impression that it was not really recording a true 24/96 file. Also you need to use the asio driver for it work with 24 bit stuff. And you can't install both drivers(if I remember correctly when I had a UA5)

I've run 24/96 over USB with the UA5 many times.  There is nothing to indicates these aren't "true" 24/96 wav's.  Please explain.

I've had occational problems with 24/96 over USB with the UA5, a few dropped samples every few shows.  Enough to make me stick to 24/48 for now.

You don't need the asio driver for 24bit.  I believe I use the MME for the UA5.

Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 06:13:02 PM »
Not sure really. I just remeber a discussion on Oade's forum a while back that discusses 24/96 over USB. My short term memory is shot so I could be thinking of something else.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com