Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Returning to Taping: DPA MMA-A > iPhone > Then what?  (Read 7879 times)

Offline flysquirrel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Jason Isbell Collection
Re: Returning to Taping: DPA MMA-A > iPhone > Then what?
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2024, 07:10:09 PM »
if you set the gain lower and turn off the low cut, and then plug it into the iphone 15, do the settings stick?

The challenge is that without the DPA app detecting the MMA, the app interface doesn't respond to anything.  So, in my limited testing, there was no way to turn down the default gain in the DPA app with or without the MMA attached.  But, as noted above, other apps did see the device and registered level.  Very annoying! 

Online grawk

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2024, 07:41:32 PM »
I mean, set the MMA up on another phone, then move it to the iPhone 15. Theoretically the gain will be whatever you left it at.
4015gs/4018vlgs/kk14->mma:a d-vice/sonosax minir82/sonosax sx-m2d2/nagra vi/lectrosonics spdr

Offline flysquirrel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Jason Isbell Collection
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2024, 09:40:02 AM »
I mean, set the MMA up on another phone, then move it to the iPhone 15. Theoretically the gain will be whatever you left it at.

Because I always have my MMA set at 0 gain if your hypothesis was correct t wouldn't have appeared at higher gain when I connected it to the iPhone 15.  I don't think the app is a reflection of the existing hardware settings, but rather the other way around,  the app dictating the gain.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2024, 12:19:28 PM »
Interesting. I’ve just been using my recorder app to set gain for the MMA, but wonder if that just means I actually have it set to 0 on the device itself

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com