Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AVCHD multi-cam mixes - having trouble playing back file  (Read 2822 times)

Offline digitallive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
AVCHD multi-cam mixes - having trouble playing back file
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
OK, so I'm filming w/ 4 JVC Everio HD cameras and they record in AVCHD format. Whenever I just put the SD card into the slot on the computer, I can watch the seperate angles and they playback flawlessly

Now, after doing the multi-cam mix, I'm then editing that file to AVCHD m2ts at 16,000 Kbps. Whenever I try to burn that file on a DVD (in DVD-Rom/Data format), the starts off playback fine. however, whenever i try to skip ahead to a differant part of the file it gets all fucked up. usually the video freezes for awhile, then it'll come back out of synch. sometimes it just stays on the same video frame that it was on and plays the audio from the spot on the DVD i indicated

i tried copying the file from the disc back onto my harddrive, and I'm still getting the same problems.

when i try just playing the video from the start, it gets out of synch within a few minutes.

for some reason, the very first show I did like this plays fine on the same computer, burned onto a Sony disc. The rest of them I'm using TY, which I'd think are as good as or better than Sony. However thats irrelevant since the file I'm playing from the computer is fucking up too.

also of notable importance, like i said before, i can play the AVCHD files right off my camera just fine, however the AVCHD files I create (i'm using Vegas 9) are lower bitrate, and not playing correctly.

any ideas on whats causing this? here are the specs for the computer i'm trying to play back on

Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell
Inspirton 545
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70Ghz
6 gb RAM
64 bit Operating System

Offline shoestringconcerts

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
Re: AVCHD multi-cam mixes - having trouble playing back file
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 05:28:42 AM »
try rendering again and see what happens. 

if that doesnt work...
It would be good if you told us your render settings in Vegas.
Tascam dr2d - Tascam Dr60
Video: Canon M50/M500 (5)
Panasonic LX7 (2) - Sony EOS-M (2)
Sony HC1 - Panasonic SD600 - Sanyo FH1
www.shoestringconcerts.com

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:22:13 AM »
Make sure your on version 9.0e of vegas.I had similar issues in 9.0b.

Offline digitallive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:08 PM »
instead of using the AVCHD setting, I used the regular MPEG settings @ 19,000 Kbps 1080i and the file plays fine right off the DVD-R.

its an m2t file instead of an m2ts file. i dunno WTF the differance is, but the problems solved. it takes a little longer rendering to HD mpeg instead of AVCHD but not long enough to matter.

this shit looks really crisp on the HD monitor, i really wanna get into blu-ray authoring, even if few of the artists i actually record (not taping Metallica here) even have blu-ray players, i bet their parents or a friend does and that gives em an occasion to watch the show i filmed, i suppose

thanks

Offline shoestringconcerts

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Shoestringconcerts
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:49:35 PM »
You do realize with things like wdtv and googletv and streaming options that bluray is basicly dead?
Tascam dr2d - Tascam Dr60
Video: Canon M50/M500 (5)
Panasonic LX7 (2) - Sony EOS-M (2)
Sony HC1 - Panasonic SD600 - Sanyo FH1
www.shoestringconcerts.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com