Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: reinhardt windscreens?  (Read 2736 times)

Offline pmcginley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
reinhardt windscreens?
« on: August 02, 2009, 05:12:13 AM »
hi all,

my first post - thanks for providing some great reading!  i'm about to purchase some fur windscreens for my dpa 4060's, and i've come across these reinhardts:

http://www.reinhardt.tv/Shop/index.php?productID=139

they're a little more expensive than the equivalent rycotes, although i've been offered a deal that makes them about the same.  i'm unfamiliar with the brand, does anyone have any recommendations one way or the other?

thanks!
patrick

Offline taperj

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: reinhardt windscreens?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:49:27 AM »
I'm not familiar with the particular brand you picked but the material and design looks similar to what I'm using and has been working well thus far. I use "Windcutter Soundmaster" screens which they make in some DPA varieties, I don't see your DPA's listed but they'll custom fit any mic if you email them(my neumann km184's weren't  listed either and they did a very nice job of making some custom ones for me). Here's a link to some of their DPA screens...

http://www.thewindcutter.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_121

and I've attached a picture of them in action from last week(the furry ones on top obviously).

Rig: Neumann skm184 or Neumann skm140 > Sound Devices Mixpre > Olympus LS-10 or Korg MR-1

Just ask the axis, he knows everything.

Offline pmcginley

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
thanks for the reference, taperj.  i'm not too familiar with the different brands of wind protection, beyond knowing the name 'rycote'.  is it pretty much all the same, or is there a brand folks would recommend over the others?  prices of the 4 or 5 brands i've found (rycote/reinhardt/windcutter/etc) all seem to be comparable...

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
A lot basically copy the Rycote without fully understanding the science behind it.

The Rycote "Lyre" suspensions really *are* the best there are (the Osix is also very good, but t a high price).  I am getting rid of all my manufacturer supplied suspensions and am changing totally over to Rycote Lyres for all my mics.

The Rycote S-series is almost half the price of the full windshield kit if money is tight.

For mini mics, the Rycote Furry is superb and the Undercovers and Overcovers excellent.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com