Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Hanging from the ceiling  (Read 1741 times)

Offline cyfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • It's not personal
Hanging from the ceiling
« on: February 05, 2007, 08:20:56 PM »
Apologies if this has been covered, but I've been trolling through this section and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Ever since I got hooked on this hobby I've been using a mic stand. I'm looking for some sort of ceiling mount - basically a way to clamp to a thin metal ceiling beam > something that hangs down 2 feet > that I can screw my horizontal bar into.
tim
Superlux HK8 > Edirol UA-5 > JB3
Multi-tracker: Fostex VF 160 EX

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline gratefulphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
Re: Hanging from the ceiling
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »
I also highly recommend the Bogen Quick release C-clamp.  It fits over pipes, and othe surfaces far wider than my superclamps, and it also has a built in 5" extension arm.  I found Adorama to be cheaper than B & H for most Bogen items. http://www.adorama.com/BG649.html  You can hang your bar in either direction, with your mics above or below.  This can also be used with some of the extension arms mentioned in the other thread, such as the Bogen 5" arm.  It also helps to have the Bogen Rapid Adaptor, http://www.adorama.com/BG3102.html which allows you to mount your bar, either horizontally or verically.  You will need a 5/8" 27 thread adapter for this.  I DO NOT like the Bogen adapter.  It seems to spin on the bottom of the Rapid Adapter, and the threading is very short. My mics came with threaded adapters that I use instead.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Hanging from the ceiling
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:26:57 AM »
i'm not sure what the official name is for this thing...but sometimes in an installation we will use these things I call butterfly clamps to clamp onto the grid of a drop ceiling. it has a 5/8" threaded adapter on the end, and the butterfly part simply clamps on to the metal strip.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com