Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New House: Recommendations for speaker / stereo setup...  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
Re: New House: Recommendations for speaker / stereo setup...
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 02:18:10 PM »
Ya, I've read that silver overall has brighter tendancies than copper.  Dunno where but with all the audio advice out there its hard to know what to believe without trying it yourself.  As of right now I'm using the Home DePot speaker cables featured here:
http://www.avguide.com/product/Accessories/Speaker_Cables/Home_Depot/HD-14G/2850.jsp
Reviewed a bunch here:
http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cables/messages/107195.html

I'm not sure if you know about Legeddy yet and all, so I'll introduce him to ya sorta.  The wires that he posted pictures of above are a killer silver clad copper military spec design (similar to Audio Magic stuff) and at a killer price.  He does all sorts of custom cables.  Definately worth talking to if you're in need of some new interconnects, speaker cable, mic cables, etc. etc. ;)
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 02:20:54 PM »
[jedi mind trick]you need a pair of these[/jedi mind trick] ;D

Hehe.. Marc we'll see how long I last before coming back to you for more wires... The interconnects you made for me are working great ;D I am somewhat hesistant moving to silver with the Axiom's as they're can be bright as is but given the reviews thus far here on ts.com of the cables are making me think I should try them out, especially for the price.

I haven't noticed silver interconnects being bright at all... in fact one of the main characteristics of the silver interconnects that I've heard is enhanced silky smooth midrange!

that is pretty much exactly how I would describe the silver speaker cables marc made for me... silky smooth
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Jammin72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2005, 03:56:53 PM »
I would consider a diagonal set up for a room of that size.  It will really help the imaging and you'll be able to place the speakers closer to the walls, so you'll have more "room to live".

I have a 12x14 room and the biggest improvement I've ever made to my system was setting up on the diagonal.

Check out www.decware.com and look under Articles on how to set up a dedicated room on the diagonal.  I think the article is called "HOW TO SET UP A DEDICATED LISTENING ROOM WITHOUT FANCY TREATMENTS" or something.

OK all the furnitue is out of the room and I set the system up on the diagonal....

Holy Cow!!

I cannot believe how dead the room is without ANY furniture or ANYTHING on the walls.   On a simple Onkyo Receivere and Speaker system the image reaches about two feet behind the speaker placement.  That is just beyond what this system should be able to do!  I can't imagine a setup where I'll be able to do this at home but what a great find! 

+T  for the lookout!
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com