Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-09 input repair?  (Read 3497 times)

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
R-09 input repair?
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:21:55 AM »
OK, so I have one of the early R-09's and I never had the line input fixed and it finally brokedown on me. Does anyone here still do the repairs on the inputs? Like epoxy them down and such? I'm pretty useless with this kind of stuff. I tried taking it apart but after taking the screws off I still couldn't even get the back of the thing. I'm debating on just giving it to my daughter to use for school and getting the new one, but if it's reasonable enough to fix it i'll just go with that.  Thanks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:18:55 PM by Myco »
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
Re: R-09 input repair?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »
schoepsnbox
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 11:40:40 AM »
When my r09 line jack broke, it broke in a way that there was no practical way to repair it. It lifted two of the traces completely off of the printed circuit board. Any fix would have been temporary at best.

At the time, Edirol wanted like $150 to replace the board . They would not sell me just the board for me to install.  ::)

I ended up using it, mic in, for about 6 months till the r09hr came out. I don't often tape real loud shows so mic in worked with a preamp if I kept the levels down. Now I use it as a loaner to friends who want to play around with recording.

The jack problem has been fixed in the R09hr and overall I like it much better than the R09.
Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »
you can send it to me I will take a crack at it.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:22:02 PM »

I may end up doing that Chris. I'm going to give edirol a call first just to see what they'll do for me and if they don't want to do it for free then I'd rather pay you to take a crack at it. Thanks for your offer!
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 01:46:50 PM »

I may end up doing that Chris. I'm going to give edirol a call first just to see what they'll do for me and if they don't want to do it for free then I'd rather pay you to take a crack at it. Thanks for your offer!

Yeah I think its total BS.... that they did not use any physical mounting method for the input jack there are location pin holes in the circuit board to locate plastic pins... That should have been on the input jacks but for some reason they used the wrong jack when they whent to production and were forced to use something that did not have these location pins on the part. That is why these devices have failed you can not rely 100% on a surface mount part to maintain its integrity when physical force is applied to that part that is why these plastic rods go from the input jack through the circuit board but on the r09 the holes are on the board but the plastic pins are not on the input jacks.  On the new edirol they have fixed this problem by using plastic pins and by using a tight fit on the shell so the input jack can not move around.

You can quote me on this.

Chris

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Statto2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 08:03:59 AM »
Hello

First post!, although browsed the forum for a while.

I've had and used my Edirol R-09 successfully and without problems since 2008 but last weekend I experienced what might be the beginnings of the notorious MIC-IN/LINE-IN failure! :(  I generally use cardoid stealth mics to record brass band and orchestral music in large concert halls using the MIC-IN socket but, last time out, the R-09 was randomly going in and out of stand-by when recording (the red light was solid and then started flashing of its own accord, sometimes then proceeding to record but once or twice stopping altogether).

I didn't quite catch what it said but there seemed to be some sort of warning or other message briefly showing on the screen from time to time.

Does this suggest a problem with the MIC-IN socket?

I have tried (and failed!) to replicate the problem at home by simply recording general sounds around the house, e.g. hifi, radio, etc.  I've got a battery box so could start using LINE-IN if all else fails but lloking for views on what might be causing the intermittent problem and whether it's worth getting it repaired?

Thanks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com