Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MicroTrak - F'in POS - Or Defective Unit?  (Read 6273 times)

Offline sickrick43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
Re: MicroTrak - F'in POS - Or Defective Unit?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 01:23:45 PM »
just FWIW-
remember to check for channel flipping, mine was flipping L-R whenever recording at 24 bit.

doing some more 'sperimenting...

Only flips channels 48/24, records normally at other bitrates/depth.  Also appears to record stable at 88.2/24, though filesize restictions only give you an hour at that rate/depth.  88.2 sounds like it might be interesting, though Oade seems to think anything higher than 48/24 is pretty much a waste.

I'm gonna try and run this 48/24 @ Brian Stoltz tonight, just for laughs.  Got my batteries in, got my mod'd power cable, and digi cable.  Shaved a bunch off the mini-b end of the power cable (which I soldered without burining myself - 30 years as an electronics tech, and I STILL hate to solder) to clear the RCA connector.  Doug suggests popping the cover and drilling out the spdif hole a little larger to clear the larger monster-style connectors.

Funny, he (Doug) won't do bench work anymore (and I need to find someplace to send my 3700 & D-10 Pro out to), but he's planning on mod'ing these.  Nice to have him on the order line though, - you could never get him on the phone when he was back in the shop...

Rick

Dan - I didn't get into great detail with Doug what the planned mods were.  I'd assume it's a line-input variety he's planning.  Putting better caps & a quieter IC in there would likely lower the noise floor a great deal...
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Old and in the way.
Re: MicroTrak - F'in POS - Or Defective Unit?
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 02:26:35 PM »

Funny, he (Doug) won't do bench work anymore (and I need to find someplace to send my 3700 & D-10 Pro out to), but he's planning on mod'ing these.  Nice to have him on the order line though, - you could never get him on the phone when he was back in the shop...

Have no worries. Paul at Pro-Digital will fix those decks right up for you.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com