Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: soundboard  (Read 1427 times)

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
soundboard
« on: December 22, 2006, 07:53:28 PM »
I have a iRiver H120 and CSB's.  Normally I tape stealthly however I am going to be taping a band I'm friends with at a venue with a decent PA (The Black Cat in Washington DC).  I have never taped wth a feed off of the soundboard and I am just wondering if anyone might be able to let me know what hardware I will need to do this?  Is it just a simple double-male 1/8" to 1/4" cable?  Any advice on SBD feeds is very much appreciated!  THANKS in advance!
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: soundboard
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 10:34:36 PM »
There was just a thread about this the other day. The Search function (look up) is your friend.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline splumer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Go ahead, try this at home
Re: soundboard
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 04:24:07 PM »
Depends on the board they use, but two 1/4" plugs to to a stereo mini (or whatever your input is). The problem with SB recording is that the vocals will be unusually loud in the mix compared to... well, everything else. If the sound guy is really friendly, he can give you your own aux channel, where you can do your own mix, but you gotta have good headphones that can isolate the band's sound. It helps to be there during soundcheck for this, so your recording isn't screwed up.

The other option is get a four-channel stereo mixer and a pair of mics. Two channels of your mixer will be the board feed, and two channels will be your mics, which are set up in the audience. The mics should balance out the vocal presence and add ambience to the recording. That's the best way, actually, but it takes the most work.
"Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here. "
 - Lawrence Krauss

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com