Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

good mics to buy or ship to Russia?

(1/4) > >>

F717:
I think we all understand current situation with shipping in Russia today.
Whether you are supporter of things going on or not, getting stuff shipped from US or Europe is mostly pain in the ass. Anyway, we ain't here to discuss politics.

As of now I'm recording with internal mics of my Tascam DR-07X, which I managed to get before prices doubling up and for some time I though of going bigger and getting first mics, more particularly stealth ones. Why stealth? Because taping in Russia is still a wild-wild west and you can count on fingers the people who care of it, understand its purpose and allow it.

My budget is 200-300$. At some point, I considered to get OKMIIs 'Classic' because some stores still have them in stock, however I also read on TS that they are not handling loud rock concerts that well.

Do you guys have any other good variants on cheap stealth mics? Maybe some that are manufactured in Europe or Asia?  :hmmm:

pillowman:
don't buy those OKM classic mics,
those are not usefull for what you want to record.

I can highly recommend some Sennheiser ME104 mics,
those are my go to mics and those can handle high sound pressure without any modification or something.

I have one pair for sale and it would fit into your budget,
if you need more information pm me,
cheers !

moondust.and.solitude:
I have used in those OKM mics (I still have them) but like Pillowman mentioned I would seriously think about the Sennheiser ME104's. There is nothing that they can't handle. High SPL, no problem. Acoustic, no problem. Very versitile mics.

moondust.and.solitude:
As for shipping to/from Russia, I have purchased several CDs since the War began and it's been averaging 3 weeks. Not too bad.

audBall:
Nevaton perhaps?

http://nevaton.eu/actual-situation/

No affiliation, obviously, but here are some MKE-400 lavaliers on Reverb located in Kazakhstan.

https://reverb.com/item/73997724-nevaton-mke-400-former-lomo-rare-post-soviet-electret-lavalier-microphones

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version