Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iZotope RX is @#$*in' amazing!  (Read 11366 times)

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: iZotope RX is @#$*in' amazing!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 01:33:08 AM »
love it for dithering!  other than that I can't figure it out.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline 612

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Minneapolis, MN
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 03:22:04 PM »
This is what I started using to down sample 44.1 > 48kHz. Love it and need to figure out more functions...
Empty's Tapes & My recordings on the LMA

"Keep active, stay positive..." - a wise man

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »
Glad I found this software.  I filmed a wedding this weekend and had a MM omni lapel/SP preamp/H120 combo on the groom.  The recording is good to start with but with that much gain it obviously picked up a lot of ambient noise.  I used Izotope and removed at least 50% of that sound without damaging the quality of the recording.  It is slow however.  The recording was about 16 minutes and it took over 1 1/2 hours on a 1.6GHz dual core laptop with 2.5GB of RAM.

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 11:18:47 AM »
It is slow however.  The recording was about 16 minutes and it took over 1 1/2 hours on a 1.6GHz dual core laptop with 2.5GB of RAM.

There are different setting that affect the speed. You probably have it set to the highest setting (non real-time). You might want to adjust that and see if it makes a difference.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline stantheman1976

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »
I had it set to highest quality, so I expected it to take a while.

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »
Anyone compared IZotpe RX and Samplitude's Cleaning & Restoration Suite bundled with the Master version?  I'm ready to pull the trigger on Samp Master and the Cleaning & Restoration Suite is part of what intices me. 

There are other niceities in the Samp Master version but I could go with the $50 Samp SE version plus IZotpe RX for around the same cost.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 02:10:49 AM »
Anyone compared IZotpe RX and Samplitude's Cleaning & Restoration Suite bundled with the Master version?  I'm ready to pull the trigger on Samp Master and the Cleaning & Restoration Suite is part of what intices me. 

There are other niceities in the Samp Master version but I could go with the $50 Samp SE version plus IZotpe RX for around the same cost.

Go with the Samplitude. You wont be sorry.  One stop shop.

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 09:11:22 AM »
Roger. Ordering today.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RebelRebel

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
Roger. Ordering today.

good on you! if you need help, just holler.

Offline Breeze

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 10:55:23 PM »
I know this is an older thread, but this addendum is appropriate:

If you're looking for a much cheaper, but very capable spectral editor, check out Spectro. I've found it quite capable for a relatively inexpensive plugin. And you can download an evaluation version to try it out. (And no: I'm not affiliated to them in any way!)

Steve

Offline paulbaptiste

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • in that sweet bye and bye
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 08:10:57 AM »
hoping one of you kind souls could help me out with this program.  i have a short opening set with background chatter throughout, i understand it'd be a pretty exhaustive process but is it possible to remove most of the chatter? 
Official Archivist for The Felice Brothers and contact for guestlist/taper spots
Please contact me regarding upcoming shows as well as recordings for the bands archive
robertsnw@yahoo.com

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 10:58:20 AM »
i understand it'd be a pretty exhaustive process but is it possible to remove most of the chatter? 

Not really. The problem is you can't cut out the chatter without affecting the audio being played. Your best option is simply to live with it.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
"@#$*in' amazing!"
QFT Once you figure it out... You can spot a single sneeze and take it out... I took out a whoooooooo.. a single whooooo among 3 in a chear.  I think more importantly it displays the audio signal in a way that graphicly explains it all.     you see the time.. you see the frequencies.. and the see the amplitede of these frequencies that make up the the signal.... You can  see and play only an event in a selected frequency of a recording...     I'm excited.. the little lightbulb came on. WHAT HE SAID  Clipping in you recording??? select the whole recording... press declip.. it removers the clips (With out a flat top signel) and just kinda adjusts and normalizes the rest of everything. You can change the sound for the worst... can't be too heavy handed  (odd how frequencies found by themselves)
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 04:18:37 PM »
"@#$*in' amazing!"
QFT Once you figure it out... You can spot a single sneeze and take it out... I took out a whoooooooo.. a single whooooo among 3 in a chear.  I think more importantly it displays the audio signal in a way that graphicly explains it all.     you see the time.. you see the frequencies.. and the see the amplitede of these frequencies that make up the the signal.... You can  see and play only an event in a selected frequency of a recording...     I'm excited.. the little lightbulb came on.

care to tell what setting etc?  as I said before I can't figure ANYTHING else out but the dither tool under loudness maximizer.    would love to hear how you get "whooos" out etc.

edit:  is iZotope RX different than iZotope ozone 3??
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:21:48 PM by Gordon »
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.111 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com