Gear / Technical Help > Recording Media

dat tape length question (!!)

<< < (2/2)

leegeddy:

--- Quote from: nickgregory on January 27, 2004, 01:58:24 PM ---as long as you stay away from the DDS grade and stick with the audio grade you shouldnt run into issues

--- End quote ---

hey now...them fightin' words!!  

:)

marc

George:

--- Quote from: nickgregory on January 27, 2004, 01:58:24 PM ---as long as you stay away from the DDS grade and stick with the audio grade you shouldnt run into issues

--- End quote ---

Hmmm, i've been using the DDS grade tapes with my M1 and tascam da20 deck, i know i've read the pro's and con's re: dds tapes.  Think i should avoid the dds grade totally?

Sean Gallemore:
if you are recording demos, why do you need 125 minute tapes?

nickgregory:

--- Quote from: leegeddy on January 27, 2004, 06:49:13 PM ---hey now...them fightin' words!!  

marc

--- End quote ---

I use DDS exclusively...Sonys at that...always have...but with regards to the posters question, he was asking whether Audio grade DATs were thinner, and the answer is no...unlike the DDS grade....dont read too much into my statement

leegeddy:

--- Quote from: nickgregory on January 27, 2004, 07:20:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: leegeddy on January 27, 2004, 06:49:13 PM ---hey now...them fightin' words!!  

marc

--- End quote ---

I use DDS exclusively...Sonys at that...always have...but with regards to the posters question, he was asking whether Audio grade DATs were thinner, and the answer is no...unlike the DDS grade....dont read too much into my statement

--- End quote ---

ng, i was only joshin' ya.   ;D

i use both DDS and DAT tapes and haven't had any problems with either.  they're all good, IMO.

marc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version