Gear / Technical Help > Recording Media

fave cdr

<< < (2/16) > >>

H₂O:
Tayo Yuden is the only way to go but I haven't listened to a CDR since 2005

twatts (pants are so over-rated...):

--- Quote from: H₂O on September 06, 2013, 07:04:59 PM ---Tayo Yuden is the only way to go but I haven't listened to a CDR since 2005

--- End quote ---

Taiyo Yuden is/was the company that made the "Made in Japan" Fuji and Sony CDRs...  I don't think they do it anymore, I ahven't seen Japanese CDRs in a long time, at least in stores...

Terry

waltmon:
We need to dicuss transfers Terry.

dnsacks:
Since I now use cds exclusively for sharing music with my luddite buddies, I'm buying the cheapest taiwanese disks that have a finished top surface that I can find locally (a while back I had some issues with truly generic silver-topped cds, so I superstitiously steer away from those).  That way, I can painlessly take 'em back if I have a bad batch. The 100 disk spindle of windata brand I'm using now has been successfully burning at maximum speed in both my pc's combo cd/dvd/blue ray drive and my mac superdrive and I have'nt been advised of any skipping/etc.

The japanese taiyo yudens I purchased for shn/flac storage and stored on their spindles in the late 90s/early 2000s, (before hdd storage became affordable) etc. are still holding up quite nicely . . .

scb:
I am in the process of moving and threw out all of my cds, dvds and dats last week.  It was a very weird feeling, but they were taking up so much space

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version