Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

DPA d:VICE just announced

<< < (3/107) > >>

Gutbucket:
Does the AT943ES function correctly powered with a 5 or 6V supply in 2-wire config?  If so I'd imagine they'd work, as I suspect that's the mic supply voltage this device provides. 

ArchivalAudio:
Interesting... marking thread. Might need to join team dpa, someday sooner then I was thinking...

MBHOTAPER:

--- Quote from: aaronji on April 28, 2017, 12:18:18 PM ---I think this is pretty awesome. If the battery life is as good as DPA says, it will be really great. I love how it can run both the miniature mics and the full size capsules (with the MMP-G cables). Form factor is a little weird, but not a deal breaker for me, as it will be a super compact set-up. I will almost certainly give one of these a try...

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't full size capsules require phantom power thus a battery box in front of the DPA d:vice? I'm trying to limit the number of items and size for a stealth rig so this seems questionable to me.

Gutbucket:
I suspect the DPA "active" adapter cable thing with the capsule mount at one end and the microdot at the other contains voltage converter circuitry which steps up from 5V to whatever bias voltage the full size capsule needs to operate.. probably not to full specification as if using the DPA modular amplifier bodies, but "good enough for taper work" given the compact stealthiness trade-off.

MBHOTAPER:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on May 05, 2017, 05:55:07 PM ---I suspect the DPA "active" adapter cable thing with the capsule mount at one end and the microdot at the other contains voltage converter circuitry which steps up from 5V to whatever bias voltage the full size capsule needs to operate.. probably not to full specification as if using the DPA modular amplifier bodies, but "good enough for taper work" given the compact stealthiness trade-off.

--- End quote ---
Sounds like a much larger battery drain and thus less recording time. I totally agree with you on a mini xlr would be much more secure as well as robust connection over the micro dot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version