Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Baby nbox users...opinions on quality of M10 preamps?

<< < (2/5) > >>

edtyre:

--- Quote from: hi and lo on July 02, 2017, 01:47:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: MakersMarc on July 02, 2017, 12:18:24 PM ---Duh, m10 doesn't have a pad. But Nick says run at lo sens for loud rock.

--- End quote ---

The Mic Sens (ATT) switch on the back of the M10 only affects the Microphone Input. It has no when using the Line Input, which is the proper input to be using for loud rock with a fixed gain nbox.

--- End quote ---

baby nbox only powers the mics, has no gain at all and runs into the mic input

MakersMarc:
Any comments on m10 preamp quality? Does "mic in" run through same gain stage as "line in" anyway?

edtyre:

--- Quote from: MakersMarc on July 03, 2017, 12:12:10 PM ---Any comments on m10 preamp quality? Does "mic in" run through same gain stage as "line in" anyway?

--- End quote ---

I like the Roland R-05 because it has more gain available, as far as quality they both sound good.

Scooter123:
I ran the Baby NBox only once and noticed a lack of high end--not dramatic, but certainly there.  It was easily fixed in post.  So I sorta thought it was a feature, not a mistake. 

fobstl:
Marc I know you have heard my EQ version of Roger Waters MK41>Baby NBox>M10. So I threw together a couple of songs totally un-edited for you to check out. I think the M10 does a pretty nice job.

https://soundcloud.com/steve-brothers-262746344/rogerwaters-2017-05-30-scottrade-center-st-louis-mo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version