Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Tascam Portacapture X8

<< < (13/13)

WiFiJeff:
Tascam released firmware 1.20 last week.  It enables timecode, clearing up the mystery reports I got (see above) from loading files into iZotope Rx, no longer get error messages but haven't tried any timecode systems.  They claim: "Support has been added for wireless timecode synchronized recording with Atomos Pty Ltd’s AtomX SYNC, UltraSync BLUE and other compatible products such as ATOMOS CONNECT and SHOGUN CONNECT. Video and audio files recorded with timecode data on multiple devices using synchronized recording can be aligned easily on editing software."

The hum lines (now at 36.5 kHz and 73 kHz) are almost gone on the left channel internal mics but still present on the right, will test with external mics later. 

Jeff

hoserama:

--- Quote from: WiFiJeff on June 12, 2022, 01:42:45 AM ---Tascam released firmware 1.20 last week.  It enables timecode, clearing up the mystery reports I got (see above) from loading files into iZotope Rx, no longer get error messages but haven't tried any timecode systems.  They claim: "Support has been added for wireless timecode synchronized recording with Atomos Pty Ltd’s AtomX SYNC, UltraSync BLUE and other compatible products such as ATOMOS CONNECT and SHOGUN CONNECT. Video and audio files recorded with timecode data on multiple devices using synchronized recording can be aligned easily on editing software."

The hum lines (now at 36.5 kHz and 73 kHz) are almost gone on the left channel internal mics but still present on the right, will test with external mics later. 

Jeff

--- End quote ---

Still no way to record 6 external sources, right? Using the side 1/8" input bypasses the 3/4 combo inputs on the side still?

WiFiJeff:
The "built-in mics" (channels 1&2) can be removed and 1/8" plug-in mics used there (or a single 1/8" stereo plug with the correct cable to split L/R).

hoserama:
Yeah, I don't think the plug-in power was defeatable.

I wanted basically a more advanced Zoom H6 where I could put six external line inputs. X8 just wasn't that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version