Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Chopped Sony PCM-A10

<< < (15/16) > >>

ol' dirty taper:
I picked up a super cheap a10 recently and want to try chopping it later tonight.

Any tips from those who have done it that would be worth noting, maybe things that were not mentioned in the descriptions above?

ol' dirty taper:
That was way easier than expected.

I used a piece of plastic from a dvd case to fill the gap. Worked perfectly.

ol' dirty taper:
Inspired by ideal77dlr's chop mod (thanks for the tips), I finally finished cleaning up my chop. Decided to use a flat lap, used in glass or lapidary work for a flat face polish on a stone or item.

Until I can afford a nbox, think I will make this unit primarily one I use with LOM mics like the Elektrusi or Geofone. 

vanark:
That sure looks nice. Good job.

loughney:
Interesting, I have always thought a micless A10 would be a great option.

That being said the worst recorded show is one that doesn't get taped.  I was at a show Tuesday and my power supply failed, so I pulled out the mic cable and use the A10 internal mics.  Of course, I go to a lot of indie shows where the bands and the PA aren't great, but I was rather surprised that the A10 captured it pretty well.

I'm thinking of making a cap for my A10 to make it more stealthy, but I usually slide it behind my phone in a neoprin case and security never sees it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version