Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09HR New Version 3.0  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Tapehead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Edirol R-09HR New Version 3.0
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »
I just noticed this. Wondering if people like the new features.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol R-09HR New Version 3.0
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:50:29 PM »
Can you link to where firmware 3.0 is?
I only found info for 2.0

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=960&ParentId=109
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Tapehead

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:53:52 PM »
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=960&tab=downloads&skip=true

The new "Echo" function should be spelled "Eco", for battery economy.

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 12:42:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up!  Download now.

Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

Offline carpa

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 04:51:59 PM »
Thank you for highlighting this new version 3!  It's nice to have new features. The possibility of encoding an mp3 direcly in the deck may come very handy...

I just downloaded v 3.0 without any problems, but I'd like to know something more about the new features.

1) Eco mode. Is made to save power, of course, but I don't know which limitations it introduces.

2) Rehearsal mode. . Is it something similar - but not the same i guess- as the limiter on or what else? I've tried to start this feature, the display shows a "wait" message then the display turns into the recording mode but I can't see the difference from the normal recording display.

3) Trim function. Seems to be the possiblity to cut off an indesidered portion of the file. On the R09 hr there is already the possibility to divide a file (which is not exactly the same thing, but you can divide twice and then cancel the part you don't need) ; the  downside is that you need to have double space available on your card to be allowed dividing.  Does the new trim function act the same way?

thank you very much for your help

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »
Thank you for highlighting this new version 3!  It's nice to have new features. The possibility of encoding an mp3 direcly in the deck may come very handy...

I just downloaded v 3.0 without any problems, but I'd like to know something more about the new features.

1) Eco mode. Is made to save power, of course, but I don't know which limitations it introduces.

2) Rehearsal mode. . Is it something similar - but not the same i guess- as the limiter on or what else? I've tried to start this feature, the display shows a "wait" message then the display turns into the recording mode but I can't see the difference from the normal recording display.

3) Trim function. Seems to be the possiblity to cut off an indesidered portion of the file. On the R09 hr there is already the possibility to divide a file (which is not exactly the same thing, but you can divide twice and then cancel the part you don't need) ; the  downside is that you need to have double space available on your card to be allowed dividing.  Does the new trim function act the same way?

thank you very much for your help

Download and study the additions to the manual for version 3.0 from this page:
http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/om.cfm?PRODUCT=R-09HR
Be sure to download the one marked version 3.0.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline Tapehead

• Taperssection Newbie

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com