Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

32Bit Float recording - The Technical view

<< < (27/27)

grawk:
the 788 works in a fundamentally different way.

carpa:
From the manual and other statements made by Zoom it seems that the F serie uses two 16 bit converters; Zooms says that both in 32 bit and 24 bit mode the dual ADC is engaged.
This leaves to think that in 1 bit mode only one is working? If so it would be interesting to compare the spectral view of a 16 bit recording with a 32 bit one.  Not to conclude it's better to go back at 16, just out of curiosity.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: carpa on April 03, 2024, 04:04:01 AM ---From the manual and other statements made by Zoom it seems that the F serie uses two 16 bit converters; Zooms says that both in 32 bit and 24 bit mode the dual ADC is engaged.
This leaves to think that in 1 bit mode only one is working? If so it would be interesting to compare the spectral view of a 16 bit recording with a 32 bit one.  Not to conclude it's better to go back at 16, just out of curiosity.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure where you got this impression, but neither of the ADCs are limited to 16-bit. One is optimized for high gain; the other for low gain.

Both ADCs are engaged no matter what recording mode is selected. You can't choose to use only one, and that's a point addressed in the video.

carpa:
I’m sure I read it somewhere but it’s probably not true. I was maybe tricked by the fact that Zooms says that both 32 bit and 24 adopt the dual adc, but no mention about 16 bit.

GLouie:
YouTube poster has taken his video "private" for some reason, so hard for newcomers to see what the fuss was about;

https://youtu.be/y3431uljZ2k?si=I7I7qhsKK7TUo49s

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version