Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Queens of the Stone Age- Videotaping still allowed this tour?  (Read 2156 times)

Offline GNRArnold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Queens of the Stone Age- Videotaping still allowed this tour?
« on: January 21, 2005, 07:18:59 PM »
Does anyone know if their video policy is still the same on this tour?

Offline GNRArnold

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Queens of the Stone Age- Videotaping still allowed this tour?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 10:42:57 PM »
Bump- does anyone know the recording policy?  ???

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 01:05:20 AM »
i'm pretty sure its still allowed.  there's supposed to be 5 cameras for the detroit show.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline GNRArnold

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 01:40:16 AM »
Well if anyone does record a show with sucess and permission prior to the NYC webster hall show next week, please post and let me know. I will go and record that show as long as I know positively okay in advance. thanks

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 07:11:47 AM »
well i do know for a fact that people have already taped audio for shows and had no troubles.  i've heard from others on the board that if you have trouble getting your gear in, all you need to do is ask for hutch and he'll be more than willing to help you out.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Elvis Hitler

• Taperssection Member
    • Video & Audio List
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 05:22:28 PM »
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it's not looking good for video at the QOTSA shows.

Hutch was always the man who would get people in with their equipment if the venue had problems with it, but I talked to him Sunday night and he said it was getting to be too much of a hassle and was interfering with his duties as soundman.

Audio taping still seems to be OK (which I don't really understand -- if someone from the band informed the venue that audio taping is OK, why couldn't they let them know that video is cool, too, so Hutch wouldn't have to be bothered with it?).

I'd still recommend trying to get your gear in and see what happens.  Worst case scenario is that you would have to take it back to the car.   But I know most California venues don't allow video at all, regardless of the band's policy, so if New York venues are anything like that, it might be a lost cause.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com