Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best external CDR, or internal CDR device?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline psychwolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Best external CDR, or internal CDR device?
« on: April 14, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »
Hey all, what is the most common CD creation tool you'd use to publish live shows? Is just a standard desktop CD writer enough? I have a lot I've recorded via my tascam recorder and tucked away for listening on the computer or nas, but I'd love to make it a little more official as a CD set I could put out near my other CDs or copy off something for a friend when a show comes up in conversation. Thanks. I'd been looking at a few of the teac standalone cdrs wondering if that's going to work or if I'm just overcomplicating this.

Side note, I don't have the best CD player in my living room so a recorder that could double as a nice listening device is a big bonus here and probably a driver for asking here what you all use for CDs. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:20:15 PM by psychwolf »

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
Re: Best external CDR, or internal CDR device?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 06:43:09 PM »
This does not really answer your question, but might give you something to think about.

When I was looking for a new radio for my truck I had two basic requirements; a USB port and the ability to play flac files. The old one played cassettes, and that would be a better feature, IMHO, than being able to play CDs. When I am able to set up a home system, I will be looking to tie it to a computer for playing music. Most people these days, it seems to me, listen to music on their phones.

... or copy off something for a friend when a show comes up in conversation.

I have often handed out CDs I recently listened to, and had on me at the time, to people for similar reasons. I would just as happily copy over anything I have handy, if a computer is available. Hmm, now I am wondering if the radio in my truck will play tunes from an external HDD? I could probably go for a year, or more, without having to listen to the same thing twice, or even change anything.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline u2_fly_2

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Best external CDR, or internal CDR device?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 03:45:13 PM »
I have a Samsung standalone CD-writer/burner/player which is good because you can connect it to any computer with USB.

Link:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3427149

Great if you want to make CD-R copies.
Soundprofessionals Audio Technica AT 943 (SP-CMC-8) External Stereo Microphones > SP-SPSB-10-80020
Sound Professionals Micro-mini microphone power supply with mini 12vdc battery and 24 inch hardwired output cable Soundprofessionals Batterybox >> Olympus Ls-10 Linear Recorder > 4 GB > 24 Bit / 48 Khz  > 24 Bit / 96 Khz

Zoom Q3 HD - 1080p / 96-24 Bit

Roland R-26 (96 / 24 Bit)

Sony PCM-D100 (192 / 24 Bit)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com