Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: active cables for nakamichi cp caps  (Read 6479 times)

Offline scrtaper

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
active cables for nakamichi cp caps
« on: March 02, 2018, 06:25:26 PM »
has anyone been able to make active cables for the nakamichi cp caps, would love to just plug into a church audio ugly box and run to the recorder
Gafell M94w PM750 cards> Rode M5 > Nak CP-1,CP-2,CP-4 >Superlux S502
Ugly Box 2
Sound Devices Mix Pre 6ii>Tascam DR60D MKII > R-09

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: active cables for nakamichi cp caps
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 08:21:16 AM »
Not really active cables but there has been at least 3 different mods on the attenuator part of the mic. The top portion with the cap. This mod eliminates the body and need for batteries. The mods have been called Franken Nak, Busman mod and more recently the JB mod. The mod would use either a phantom power module or the more recent Naiant PFA’s and your choice of cable length.

Unfortunately no one is doing the mod anymore so you would have to find a set in the yard. They do pop up a few times a year. Put an ISO out and I’m sure you will find them. I’ll try to post some pics of mine when I get a chance.

Offline scrtaper

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 08:48:07 PM »
if anyone that did the mod has the info ill just diy id love to make a stealthable version of these caps
Gafell M94w PM750 cards> Rode M5 > Nak CP-1,CP-2,CP-4 >Superlux S502
Ugly Box 2
Sound Devices Mix Pre 6ii>Tascam DR60D MKII > R-09

Offline robeti

• Trade Count: (39)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 09:18:51 AM »
Not really active cables but there has been at least 3 different mods on the attenuator part of the mic. The top portion with the cap. This mod eliminates the body and need for batteries. The mods have been called Franken Nak, Busman mod and more recently the JB mod. The mod would use either a phantom power module or the more recent Naiant PFA’s and your choice of cable length.

Unfortunately no one is doing the mod anymore so you would have to find a set in the yard. They do pop up a few times a year. Put an ISO out and I’m sure you will find them. I’ll try to post some pics of mine when I get a chance.

JB does the mod.
Just send him a pm. Walstib62
mics schoeps mk22/mk4/mk41 (matched) | nakamichi cm-300 (JB mod/cp1/cp2/cp3) | nakamichi cm-50 | primo em4052pmi4's | sp-cmc-4u/at-853 4.7k mod (shotguns/h/c/sc/o) | ca-11 c/o | ca-14 c
power ca-ubb | ca-9200 | nbob actives > baby nbox | schoeps cmbi (pair)
recorder roland r-05 
video panasonic zs100 | panasonic hdc-sd600 | sony hx9v | sony hx50v | samsung s23 ultra
playback fiio m17 > final d8000

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 10:20:09 AM »

JB does the mod.
Just send him a pm. Walstib62

John told me last September he was no longer actively seeking mod jobs. His mod was my favorite of the three as his made the cable removable. The other two previous mods were hard wired. I’ve owned them all and like Johns the best for that reason.

I really don’t know if he will do more or not. Sorry if my previous post made it sound that way.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:04:05 PM by ts »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com