Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shooting video with DSLR...Anyone?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Shooting video with DSLR...Anyone?
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:16:54 PM »
I've been shooting alot with the Canon 60d and am curious if any one else here is?

If so, which if any variable ND filter are you using?

And which picture profile style do you prefer?

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
Re: Shooting video with DSLR...Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »
I'm seriously considering it.  I've been saving for over a year.  Still a bit away though.  I'm looking at the 4k range.  My plan still is for the Panasonic AG-HVX200A.  But I'd love to hear thoughts as well.  My brother who works for the food network has 3 Red cams and he tells me to not get a camcorder but a dslr.  I'm a bit conflicted with the limited file lengths as I shoot concerts. 

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:29:52 PM »
There are things to keep in mind when filming with them,such as file size which should not be a problem if you are using more than 1 cam.Also aliasing and moire is a real problem. I would not set out to record a concert solely with it but rather i use it with a 1.4 prime to get those very shallow depth of field shots to cut in with the other footage . They are great if you intend on making a short film or music video or of course taking great photos but not for event videography in my opinion.The panasonic you mention uses tape which i would stay far away from or it records to  P2 media which is around $600 to $800 per card. I would consider a newer camcorder over that one.

Offline magmazing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Magmazing Music
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 01:10:58 AM »
I've been shooting video with a Canon T3i (60D's little cousin) since December. love the video quality, but focusing wide shots and making smooth zooms is a bit challenging.

I used the Panasonic camcorder for an event last year. The P2 cards are a pain and the file system is a bit ridiculous. the video and audio files are separated into different folders and all the file names are gibberish. Makes it difficult to find what you want when importing into editing software.
I shoot concert video and post my footage to YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/magmazing
http://www.youtube.com/victoriabcmusicscene

My Current Equipment:
Canon HF S100 Camcorder
Canon 70D dSLR
Panasonic ZS100 digital camera
Sony HX10V Digital Camera
Edirol R-09HR Digital Audio Recorder
Church Audio CA-11 microphones

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com