Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: playback FAQ?  (Read 5798 times)

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: playback FAQ?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 07:48:22 AM »
Yeah, you :)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 07:26:56 PM »
I guess it has been a while...
well, yea, I got the Logans.  SL3's.  Very slick.
I'm sure there are pics posted here somewhere.
However....they crashed my dreams.  the room was too lively...and instead of drastic changes to the room in order to tame them, I dumped them and bought some Von Schweikert VR4 gen I fatties...and lived happily ever after.

loved many things about the MLs, but they were so transparant...and the room was so damn bright and bouncy...made for some harsh CD listening.  If I had them still, I'd just change the amp from what I had before.  big tube wattage on a big pannel like the SL3 has, and now you're talkin sick shit.  But alas...I did not have that wisdom back then. 
They also had crap for bass energy.  Couldn't come close to filling the room at all.

Offline ducati

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 07:53:02 AM »
I warned you about room dependency of big stats ;)

I'm surprised you didn't like the bass, tho.  What size room are you using??

You need a big 'ol tube amp for those hungry MLs.  Something like a pair of ARC VTM200's would be excellent.  I tried a little Jolida tube amp on them and it was horrible, as I expected.  But FWIW some folks are claiming the PrimaLuna's are doing a good job with smaller ML's (aerius, in particular). 

I don't have my B&Ws anymore, I switched to ProAc D25's.  I love 'em, especially now that I'm all tubed.

I'm working on the FAQ, it's taking me a bit longer than I expected.  Have a few sections done now.  I'll probably have something to show early next week, if life doesn't get in the way.

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 02:04:53 PM »
I warned you about room dependency of big stats ;)

I'm surprised you didn't like the bass, tho.  What size room are you using??

You need a big 'ol tube amp for those hungry MLs.  Something like a pair of ARC VTM200's would be excellent.  I tried a little Jolida tube amp on them and it was horrible, as I expected.  But FWIW some folks are claiming the PrimaLuna's are doing a good job with smaller ML's (aerius, in particular). 

I don't have my B&Ws anymore, I switched to ProAc D25's.  I love 'em, especially now that I'm all tubed.

I'm working on the FAQ, it's taking me a bit longer than I expected.  Have a few sections done now.  I'll probably have something to show early next week, if life doesn't get in the way.

the bass non existant in my room w/these.  The room is big, 24' deep X 17' wide w/ 7' ceilings.  I've since gone to the "long way" in the room, and I never tried that w/the MLs.

the FAQ is on my mind a lot...but I have not done anything w/it.  I've got some other projects ahead of it

Offline ducati

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 04:33:58 PM »
Hmmn, my bud had them in a room 16x24 and bass was excellent.  Everyone looks for something different, tho.  I am assuming you did a phase check?   :P

What's your whole chain nowadays?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com