Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: File Recovery  (Read 1292 times)

Offline microburst

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • formerly "mcroberts"
File Recovery
« on: October 10, 2020, 12:01:12 AM »
My last file from a recording tonight on a sd 788T is corrupt and won't copy to the CF card when doing File -> Copy Files -> Flagged INHDD -> CF .  The file has 1.5GB or so of data (4 tracks) and plays fine on the deck itself, just won't copy because the 788 says it's corrupt.  Is there a way to get this file off the deck so I can fix the header and merge it with the rest of the set?

I can mount the deck to the laptop to see the file, shows a WAV with 1.5GB but can't copy it.  How do I salvage this file?  Tried Audacity and Soundforge opening as RAW but that didn't work.

Thanks!

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
Re: File Recovery
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 12:09:10 AM »
Have you tried cutting and pasting vs coping the file? (As A last resort) or could you play the file on the deck and record it via a digital out of some kind?..
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline microburst

• Taperssection All-Star
  • formerly "mcroberts"
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 12:25:38 AM »
I did try a cut/paste, that’s my usual step 1.  I could in theory play tracks 1/2 all the way through and then 3/4 all the way through next  and record them to the 744 but I don’t have a d-sub cable to access the digital outputs.   There’s gotta be a way to recover file

Offline microburst

• Taperssection All-Star
  • formerly "mcroberts"
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 07:46:54 AM »
Problem solved:

I mounted the 788T to my laptop and ran Scandisk. This allowed me to copy the file to laptop.  Then the file played on the laptop on some programs but wouldn't loud to Soundforge (didn't think it was a WAV). Loaded the poly file to Audacity and exported the 4 tracks out as mono files and I'm good to go.  I think I was just too braindead to try that last night

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com