Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps order from Sweetwater  (Read 10368 times)

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Schoeps order from Sweetwater
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »
knowing that my order wil b shipped from redding makes me wonder why the hell sweetwater wanted to charge me extra for shipping if they r not shipping it.

Well, someone has to pay for shipping... that is, Redding Audio won't ship it for free, but rather they charge the dealer for shipping costs.  The dealer can sweeten the deal by offering free shipping, but that is up to them. 

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 02:27:30 PM »
Well... On top of that, Schoeps enforces minimum pricing.  Retailers are not allowed to discount their products.  However, they can make shipping free...

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 02:30:49 PM »
knowing that my order wil b shipped from redding makes me wonder why the hell sweetwater wanted to charge me extra for shipping if they r not shipping it.

Because vendors like Sweetwater and Full Compass have salespeople that live off of commissions.   Charging for shipping is a money maker plain and simple. 

It still surprises me that any Schoeps owner would buy from anywhere but Redding.  In the world of price structures and price matching why go with someone else for Schoeps products?

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »

Well, someone has to pay for shipping... that is, Redding Audio won't ship it for free, but rather they charge the dealer for shipping costs.  The dealer can sweeten the deal by offering free shipping, but that is up to them.

Well if that was true they should charge shipping for ALL products (incl Schoeps items) because someone has to pay for it like you said..The thing is the seller added shipping to my order on the phone and I had to haggle with him.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline hi and lo

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2010, 03:31:19 PM »

It still surprises me that any Schoeps owner would buy from anywhere but Redding.

I agree with the exception of Jerry Bruck at Posthorn. I'll pay the NY sales tax just to go to his office and chat it up for 30 minutes.

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 03:38:35 PM »
It still surprises me that any Schoeps owner would buy from anywhere but Redding.  In the world of price structures and price matching why go with someone else for Schoeps products?

Redding is only a distributor for Schoeps, they don't let you actually order products from them (I've tried).  They might make exceptions if you're local and drop by their facility, but even when I wanted to buy a shockmount and windscreens they told me I had to order from a dealer (I went with Posthorn then).  Certains items they might sell directly themselves, like the Schoeps t-shirts.

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
Redding is only a distributor for Schoeps, they don't let you actually order products from them (I've tried).  They might make exceptions if you're local and drop by their facility, but even when I wanted to buy a shockmount and windscreens they told me I had to order from a dealer (I went with Posthorn then).  Certains items they might sell directly themselves, like the Schoeps t-shirts.

Correct.  In a recent transaction I was required by Redding to purchase my MK22's directly from a retailer (I chose Sweetwater) via special order.  I also wanted some fuses for my Schoeps preamp (which were $2.50 each) and Redding sold those directly.

Incidentally, Sweetwater did proactively inform me during my order that there would be a shipping fee since this was a special order.  I was fine with that.  In the end though, since this was my first order from them and since I had a nice conversation with the sales person about mics and Schoeps gear in general, he ended up waiving the shipping fee. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:58:31 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline hi and lo

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »
On Monday I think i will ask them to refund my initial payment and charge my card again if they really want to so I have a new payment date.

Well, what happened?

*edited to add quote - let's a get follow-up after all the fervor. Were they reasonable to your request?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:19:41 PM by hi and lo »

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »
What caps are taking months to get?

Edit: I expect a supplier to have "terms" with their vendors.  In this case that means they have a line of credit with Redding.   If they cannot get a line of credit with their distributor, it makes me question how healthy their business is, and their practices in general.  And if they don't have a line of credit with the distrib, they have other credit that makes pre-charging unnecessary.   If the pre-charge is just for a handful of days as the product drop-ships, that isn't a big deal.  But a pre-charge for a delay of this duration is a warning sign, to me.. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:32:55 PM by Freelunch »

Offline rich

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »
perhaps this has something to do with the delay....

"U.S. Edition Stereo Sets
All U.S. Edition Stereo Sets are now discontinued. As a result of the consistent
demand for all-inclusive stereo sets, Schoeps has decided to offer their own
stereo sets to the distribution network. These new sets are found on page 4 of
the Pro Net Price List. Our Mono Microphone Sets are unaffected by this and are
still offered."

rich
sweeet beaver!

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 03:21:20 PM »
To update this tread...I just received my caps today on Oct 18th after waiting for nearly 2 months!
Overall it was a stressful purchase. I was able to cancel my old payment and make another payment. But at the end I got my caps...I think in the future I will purchase my caps from another place.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »
Glad you finally got 'em.  What caps are they btw? 

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 03:30:17 PM »
Oh they were MK22s

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com