Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NOS DAT drum/heads? Is this even possible?  (Read 3407 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
NOS DAT drum/heads? Is this even possible?
« on: May 22, 2019, 08:49:24 AM »
Anyone have any tips? I am trying to get data off of SO MANY tapes. I killed my DA-20. The drum is roached. Would love to pop a new one on. Google is not helping. Even if I am able I need more decks. I just picked up a used PCM R500 last night with under 500hrs on the drum. I hope that treats me well. My DA-30mkii is running well but can't really do 90m tapes which is the bulk of my collection.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: NOS DAT drum/heads? Is this even possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:09:12 AM »
I have a working PCM R500 and would be happy to help you Transfer any Phish or related, Morphine, Pavement/Malkmus, or King Crimson DATs you may have...

I can't help you on a broken DAT, except to suggest you send it to Pro-Digital...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:25:52 AM »
I have a working PCM R500 and would be happy to help you Transfer any Phish or related, Morphine, Pavement/Malkmus, or King Crimson DATs you may have...

I can't help you on a broken DAT, except to suggest you send it to Pro-Digital...

Terry

Thanks Terry. I have a few tapers collections. Jason Booth and Jim Crichton both had some Phish and related. Though I don't know (or think) any are master tapes. FWTW. Sometime I hope I can go through and see what is there and prioritize things. Obviously for me it's The Slip related and some other bands as well. Also all of my masters I want to make sure are backed up. Many had been years ago on optical and I also need to pull all of that off disc as well. 
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 11:36:30 AM »

Terry

Thanks Terry. I have a few tapers collections. Jason Booth and Jim Crichton both had some Phish and related. Though I don't know (or think) any are master tapes. FWTW. Sometime I hope I can go through and see what is there and prioritize things. Obviously for me it's The Slip related and some other bands as well. Also all of my masters I want to make sure are backed up. Many had been years ago on optical and I also need to pull all of that off disc as well.

If those PH tapes have Lineage, I'd be happy to Transfer them.  Let me know...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 11:48:43 AM »
It's best just to buy a used deck instead of tracking down heads - these parts aren't made anymore and haven't for over 15 years so it's nearly impossible to find parts.

I would look at the sony decks - Sony PCM-R500, R700 or 2600 and 2800

To get it fixed you would want to call Paul at Pro-Digital - at the very least he could give you better perspective on this and also he usually has a few refurbished decks he will sell to you.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:50:16 AM by H₂O »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com