Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP SPSB-8 problems : Need advices and help!!!  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Semayat

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Reggae Taper
    • Reggae live
SP SPSB-8 problems : Need advices and help!!!
« on: July 02, 2007, 08:42:45 AM »
Hi,

I've bought one SPSB-8 from SP months ago, and i've never had a show without statics noises. I don't move/dance during concerts, and i am still wondering why i have such types of problems.
1st : when i touch the batt box, it instantly creates static noises (it must be "normal")
2nd : I decided to put that batt box in a pack of cigarette, thinking it would decrease these scratches. But when i move, that's the same.
Would you have an idea please?? (put some coton to isolate the batt box??)

And the problems were not gone and even increased during the last weeks. So, Since weeks there are even more static noises on my recordings, and not only during seconds, but wednesday the 1st show has constant scratches, and during the 2nd set, there were no power  :-[ ???)

...the most pathetic moment was just b4 the last group coming on stage, the mics were not powered. I was so furious!!!  :banging head: when my batt box was in a horizontal position, there was no power, i decided to move it in a vertical situation and magically the power went up Believe it or not, but that's true!! ::)

Maybe there are problems in the circuit of that batt box..
Does anyone here have the same problem??? what did you do to solve it??

Thanks in advance for helping me out, i have lots of shows to tape in july/august  :headphones: :headphones:

Bye
Semayat
Selling : SP CMC-2, SP SPSB-1

Taping rig :
Mics : SP CMC-4 (AT853's)
Preamp : CA9100 (V3.2)
Recorder : Ihp-120, H2

Offline Wiesel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: SP SPSB-8 problems : Need advices and help!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 02:28:14 PM »
I've had the same problem... that's because of the cheap 1/8 socket that they're using for this battery box. If you plug the mics in try to move the plug around and you'll notice that it doesn't fit in very tight which causes those errors. I solved it by fixing the plug with some tape, that worked perfectly.

Offline pool

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:19:04 AM »
or write directly to SP!??

Offline Semayat

• Taperssection Regular
  • Reggae Taper
    • Reggae live
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 08:44:15 AM »
or write directly to SP!??

Already done....i was looking for similar bad experiences & how to solve it, not that kind of advice ::)

that's because of the cheap 1/8 socket that they're using for this battery box. If you plug the mics in try to move the plug around and you'll notice that it doesn't fit in very tight which causes those errors. I solved it by fixing the plug with some tape, that worked perfectly.

Tks for your input....my problem seems to come from the battery itself instead of the plug-in termination. That's so boring!!!

Semayat

Taping rig :

nameloc01

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
same thing happened to me with an sp-6. -bad jack. send it back,if its under warranty, and have SP fix it.

Offline Semayat

• Taperssection Regular
  • Reggae Taper
    • Reggae live
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 03:02:59 PM »
same thing happened to me with an sp-6. -bad jack. send it back,if its under warranty, and have SP fix it.

Tks. I try to contact them since a week now, and i do not have one single reply  :-\
It's still under warrantly...

Semayat

Taping rig :

nameloc01

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 06:39:09 PM »

Tks. I try to contact them since a week now, and i do not have one single reply  :-\
It's still under warrantly...

Semayat
strange, they are always busy but at least always answer the phone.keep calling.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com