Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to handle Taping general admission shows(standing room only)?  (Read 4907 times)

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • surly tapir
Re: How to handle Taping general admission shows(standing room only)?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 06:42:36 PM »
thanks, i was thinking the same thing but I am not tall--i am 5 foot 7 inches tall and even 25 feet back with standing room only and the venue only holds say 2,000 people its very tight.  But a lot of good bands come this way--florida I mean.  I just end up seeing the back of people's shirt and they bump up against me from all directions

Its frustrating

was this at jannus landing on friday?   if so, i think the spot where the cable from the stage cover comes down is perfect.  if you've been to an open taping show there its where everyone sets up.   there are also a few 3 foot high yellow poles there which will help with the traffic.  its dead center maybe 30 feet back.

there is also a pole much closer up in the center that might provide some shielding.   to georges point, there are probably more bozos up there.

another vote for the cable/pole junction.  i know lots of us use it for the open section, but it is just as good when you need to be covert.

any attempt to be closer at jannus and you are inviting problems no matter the band and no matter if you are taping or not.
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

nameloc01

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to handle Taping general admission shows(standing room only)?
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 08:42:21 PM »
what you'll want to do is invest in a tazer gun,anyone gets too close,let'em have it.if you dont wantt o drop $$ on a tazer,a small blunt object will work,someone gets too close club'em over the head like a seal.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.233 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com