Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Glossary  (Read 2570 times)

Offline jackstraw2679

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Glossary
« on: April 08, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »
Hello, let me start with an introduction. My name is Rick and I live in Missoula MT. I've been a member here for about 18 months and this is my first post. I've been doing video recording at one of the local night clubs for about 2 years. It's just a hobby so for. I record the audio using a sbd patch>Tascam us-366>audacity, and a Zoom H2N located mid room, I then mix in post and use the Matrix for my videos. I just purchased a Tascam 70d and a pair of Avantone CK1's which I'm returning (Their quality control was not what I had expected) and replacing with Rode NT5's. I've been reading/lurking for a while and am often confused by the various acronyms I read in the posts, Is there a Glossary of sorts that I'm missing? with all the alphabet soup on here, it's tough for me to follow. Thanks for any help.

Offline c_m_f

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Glossary
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 07:00:46 PM »
Hey Rick, I'm a pretty amateur taper myself and I have found this page
http://wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=SourceAbbreviations
to be very helpful lurking these forums

"Did you ever think about it,
That maybe we were all crazy from the start?"

Offline jackstraw2679

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:03:32 PM »
Thank you very much, this is just what I was looking for. It's already answered a couple of questions.

mfrench

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 10:15:03 AM »
When you see something (we live on acronyms), post it here, and ask.

ORTF -- We'd have to translate it from a different language (French), in order for you to understand. Thats why we use an acronym.
17cm spacing and 110ยบ combined off-axis response

which brings up the question.... what is combined off-axis response?

mfrench

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 10:18:17 AM »
I did a write-up in another forum, for folks that have never had any schooling in two channel stereo recording.
You might glean something for it? http://www.hifihaven.org/forum/main-forum/538-a-songcatcher-in-the-wild-natural-aural-imagery

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 03:45:51 PM »
I did a write-up in another forum, for folks that have never had any schooling in two channel stereo recording.
You might glean something for it? http://www.hifihaven.org/forum/main-forum/538-a-songcatcher-in-the-wild-natural-aural-imagery
Thanks for posting this. I am into page 3 and really like your explanatory style, aimed at music lovers and musicians not necessarily recordists.
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline Life In Rewind

• Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 04:13:54 PM »
Hello, let me start with an introduction. My name is Rick and I live in Missoula MT. I've been a member here for about 18 months and this is my first post. I've been doing video recording at one of the local night clubs for about 2 years. It's just a hobby so for. I record the audio using a sbd patch>Tascam us-366>audacity, and a Zoom H2N located mid room, I then mix in post and use the Matrix for my videos. I just purchased a Tascam 70d and a pair of Avantone CK1's which I'm returning (Their quality control was not what I had expected) and replacing with Rode NT5's. I've been reading/lurking for a while and am often confused by the various acronyms I read in the posts, Is there a Glossary of sorts that I'm missing? with all the alphabet soup on here, it's tough for me to follow. Thanks for any help.

What happened to the Avantones?

Offline matahaka

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 11:30:47 AM »

This is really great stuff! Thank you!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.212 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com