Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Pelican micro (1060) upper lid foam  (Read 1824 times)

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
Pelican micro (1060) upper lid foam
« on: April 25, 2007, 04:22:17 AM »
Hey all... So far I have got my pelican cases already set up with the used mics I have bought.  I'm in the process now of setting up a second 1060 for another pair of AKGs,  I have the case and the pluck and play foam, however, there is no option to attach any cushioning to the lid.  The used case I have has a less foamy more foam/cross soft plastic, wet suit type of material.  It's maybe a 1/4" thick.  It's grey, offers good cushioning (not near the pluck and play though), and seems in other situations it might be waterproof.  I'm guessing this is something I would have to cut down to size. 

Anyone have any ideas?
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
Re: Pelican micro (1060) upper lid foam
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:36:21 AM »
Hey all... So far I have got my pelican cases already set up with the used mics I have bought.  I'm in the process now of setting up a second 1060 for another pair of AKGs,  I have the case and the pluck and play foam, however, there is no option to attach any cushioning to the lid.  The used case I have has a less foamy more foam/cross soft plastic, wet suit type of material.  It's maybe a 1/4" thick.  It's grey, offers good cushioning (not near the pluck and play though), and seems in other situations it might be waterproof.  I'm guessing this is something I would have to cut down to size. 

Anyone have any ideas?

I simply cut a piece of foam that was already ~1/4" thick to the length of the inside of the lid.  It literally sits right in there with no help from adhesive whatsoever.  I guess it is kinda half-assed but it's worked like a charm for the last 1.5 years. 

Here's a pic:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/audioballer/Mics/ab1k_4.jpg
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Pelican micro (1060) upper lid foam
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:49:15 AM »
I simply cut a piece of foam that was already ~1/4" thick to the length of the inside of the lid.  It literally sits right in there with no help from adhesive whatsoever.  I guess it is kinda half-assed but it's worked like a charm for the last 1.5 years. 
that's exactly what I did.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com