Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: newbie advice  (Read 6042 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: newbie advice
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 09:47:38 AM »
In my understanding, you'd be better off with the preamp and mics rather than the battery box and mics - the preamp will allow you to record loud shows and quiet shows, so it's more versatile.

I could be wrong, though, so don't take that as gospel.

That is 100% correct. A preamp allows you to record in a wider variety of venues and types of music. If you can afford to get a preamp you should. If you were recording metal shows all the time I would say dont bother with a preamp.. If you want to be able to record a lot of different types of music then get a preamp.

Chris.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline goldenbreast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »
In my understanding, you'd be better off with the preamp and mics rather than the battery box and mics - the preamp will allow you to record loud shows and quiet shows, so it's more versatile.

That is 100% correct. A preamp allows you to record in a wider variety of venues and types of music. If you can afford to get a preamp you should. If you were recording metal shows all the time I would say dont bother with a preamp.. If you want to be able to record a lot of different types of music then get a preamp.

Chris.

so for the cardiod mic/preamp bundle and bass roll off, how much the total be including basic shipping to the UK? - does the preamp come with bass roll off option or is that additional?

thanks

one other thing, with the preamp, what is the maximum distortion DB (i might not have explained it correctly?)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:57:56 AM by goldenbreast »

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 10:00:41 AM »

Chris.

so for the cardiod mic/preamp bundle and bass roll off, how much the total be including basic shipping to the UK? - does the preamp come with bass roll off option or is that additional?

thanks

one other thing, with the preamp, what is the maximum distortion DB (i might not have explained it correctly?)

I will send you a PM.. I dont like flogging my gear in section that is not dedicated to retail..

Offline goldenbreast

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 04:45:15 PM »
chris:

what is the max spl rating of the stereo cardioid mics you are selling?. also, with the preamp, how much more will it increase spl and will it produce anymore unwanted noise?

alex

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »
chris:

what is the max spl rating of the stereo cardioid mics you are selling?. also, with the preamp, how much more will it increase spl and will it produce anymore unwanted noise?

alex

I have measured my mics at 114 db they produce less then .05% distortion The preamps does not add to the distortion what so ever and it does not increase the Max SPL of my microphone or any microphone for that matter, I try to build preamps that dont produce any unwanted noise its bad for business :) So no my preamp does not produce unwanted noise.. :)

Chris

Offline goldenbreast

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 06:01:52 AM »
chris:

alex

I have measured my mics at 114 db they produce less then .05% distortion The preamps does not add to the distortion what so ever and it does not increase the Max SPL of my microphone or any microphone for that matter, I try to build preamps that dont produce any unwanted noise its bad for business :) So no my preamp does not produce unwanted noise.. :)

Chris

thanks for the info

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com