Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: diy battery help for total n00b??....  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
diy battery help for total n00b??....
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:47:52 AM »
hey all I've tried the search function but havn't found exactally what I'm looking for so I thought I'd ask.  I have two rechargable batteries that I would like to get running for a UA5>JB3 rig and don't know where to start.  I've done lots of electronic repair and mods but never really played with batteries and want to get it right before I cook something I can't afford to replace. 

this is what I have: two wired and shrink wrapped batteries with white, two prong plugs coming out of them.  the batteries are made up of eight individual cells each and are labled poweriZer 3000. they are NI-MH rechargables.  they have a charge guide on the side of them that reads: regular charge 600 mA, 6.5 hrs,  quick charge 1200 mA, 3.0 hrs. 

so I assume that to charge these I need a smart charger or something to either feed it 600 mA for 6 1/2 hours or 1200 mA for 3 hours right?  anyone know where I can get one of these?  and roughly how much?

next what do I need to regulate the output voltage to 6v and 9v to run my gear?  I've heard that these can be made for a small sum of cash but can't find a schematic.  I know that both chris and todd make one but I'd rather save the cash and throw one together myself.  all I really need is a schematic.

I can post pics of the actual batteries if needed but I think the more savy DIY'er will be able to figure out what I'm working with here.  any help would be greatly appreciated and reimbursed with a ton of karma and good vibes and positive wishes for your offspring!
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
Re: diy battery help for total n00b??....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 09:59:30 AM »
ok maybee I just answered one of my own questions.  anybody want to confirm that this is the charger I need? 

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1215

the batteries look like this but have eight cells instead of 6 (and I have two of them...)

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=70
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:04:30 AM by Krispy D »
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:14:35 AM »
Several thousand posts on powering those devices...search...

Its a done deal - dont reinvent the wheel...

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 10:19:47 AM »
Several thousand posts on powering those devices...search...

Its a done deal - dont reinvent the wheel...

I know, I'm just having a hard time finding info including the product I already have.  I'm trying not to spend a ton of money replacing perfectly good batteries.  the search function turns up so much info I feel like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack.

thanks for reading my post though...
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 01:47:15 PM »
Try the archive here on the site or narrow down the forums that you are actually searching in.
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 02:04:28 PM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=29230.0

I think this begins some of leegeddys ideas about his VR box...perhaps of interest...

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 02:24:57 PM »
that helps a bunch! I think I know what's going on now...

+T to the both of ya
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.431 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com