Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Battery life on Micro Track  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Pokey1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Battery life on Micro Track
« on: February 23, 2006, 10:24:17 AM »
Hello. I just purchased the battery powered Microphone from the Sound Professionals that was designed to be used with the micro track to utalize the 1/4 inputs and headphone jack. First thing was alot more hiss that I expected and if this thing came with a battery already installed I would assume that it would not drain the battery as fast.I would say I got about 3 Hours of recording time in wav. Does using the wave file draw more power? I recorded at 44.1 / 96 in wave. I still haven't downloaded all of the new firmware. Will that make a difference? Also L/M/H will that deal with the hiss? I thought that it was backwards.L was H and H was Low? The letters mean Frequencys like Lo-sensativity H for High sensativity. I will try out the mike tonight with some loud recording and a blues jam. Any suggestion on using this mic at the recording? Thanks

Offline bconnolly

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
Re: Battery life on Micro Track
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »
What "battery powered" microphone are you using? Is it a pair of mics and a battery box? You said you're running into the TRS inputs... are you using Sound Pro's 1/8" > 1/4" TRS adapter or something different?

I think 3 hours is a decent running time for the Microtrack without an external power source.  Recording to wav probably gets your more battery life than recording to mp3 because it takes less processing power.  You might get more battery life running at a lower sample rate, though (p.s. what does 44.1/96 mean? Do you mean 24/96 or 16/96?)

Offline Pokey1

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Battery life on Micro Track
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 04:31:02 PM »
Yes 24/96 my bad. The mic I'm using is the same as the SP-PSM-6 just the parts were placed in the Micro Track casing. http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-MICROTRACK-MIC [/color]

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com