Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: External power source for my Samsung YH920?  (Read 2838 times)

Offline The Godfather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
External power source for my Samsung YH920?
« on: February 27, 2007, 06:09:05 PM »
Hey guys, new to the forum...but not new to taping. Something has been really bothering me lately with my rig is that my main recorder, my samsung yh920 dies out on me after 100-110mins of taping...and I have to use my sony mz-r37 as my back up.

Is there any possible power source to use so this doesn't happen again? I appreciate the advice!
(I've included pics as well...)

The Player:

The accessories (not shown is the DC connector for the tri-wire with usb connector)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:14:52 PM by The Godfather »
Have Mics. Will travel.

Offline funk_pie

• Victim of comfort
  • Taperssection Member
  • O hai!
    • My db list...
Re: External power source for my Samsung YH920?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »
i'm not familar with the yh920.  do a little research, and see if it's compatable with a power runner.  that's a portable battery with switchable voltage that seems to pair well with any consumer mp3 player/recorder devices, which are generally 5v DC.  good luck and welcome aboard!

edit:  this may be exactly the thing you're looking for:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190080253476
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:58:56 PM by funk_pie »
As a child, a library card takes you to exotic, faraway places. When you're grown up, a credit card does it.  -Sam Ewing

Offline The Godfather

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 10:25:21 AM »
Thanks for the replay, but I don't think that'll work.

I need a external power source that has a DC connector to it b/c the tri wire of my recorder plugs into the wall.
Have Mics. Will travel.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 10:47:33 AM »
looks like that unit gets power from the usb port.  All you need to do is figure out the voltage that the charger puts out, which pins on the usb cable cary + or -, and then hack a usb cable to an appropriate battery source.  Pretty simple stuff really.  I'm sure if you search here you will find people who have done it for similar devices, and there are probably ready-made external usb power devices out there.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com