Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Minidisc Decks Ejecting On Powerup?  (Read 2080 times)

Offline redmed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Minidisc Decks Ejecting On Powerup?
« on: March 26, 2016, 09:22:31 AM »
I have a problem that so far has defied logic.  I have a had a MDS-JE940 connected to a switched power plug on a Pioneer VSX5300 receiver.  I have a used a remote control with a time event macro to record a radio show without incident for years.  The remote powers on the Pioneer VSX5300 receiver which provides AC power to the MDS-JE940.  When this happens the MDS-JE940 has started to eject the disc.  This has never happened before and causes the deck not to record because the disc is ejected.

I also have a MDS-JE440 connected to a Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver that does not eject when the receiver powers up. I switched the minidisc decks and now the MDS-JE940 when connected to the Yamaha RX-V3900 does not eject on power up.  Now the MDS-JE440 ejects when the Pioneer VSX5300 receiver powers up.  I decided that the Pioneer VSX5300 receiver must be causing some type of power spike when powering up causing the minidisc decks to eject so I replaced the Pioneer VSX5300 with another Yamaha receiver a RX-V4600.  Now the MDS-JE440 still ejects when the Yamaha RX-V4600 powers up. A different minidisc deck connected to a different receiver still ejects on power up?  The only thing the same is the speakers.   Any suggestions?     

Offline redmed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Minidisc Decks Ejecting On Powerup?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 09:26:06 AM »
Solved!
One speaker wire (+) on a surround speaker became disconnected.  Of course one of the last things I checked.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com